X

My 88 Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpasch
    ...well i like it the way it is.different people different ways...
    Well, there you go. Paticularly touchy...
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

ummm that wasn't being touchy i was just stating not everyone likes the same things....but anyways my plans are to redo the exhaust with some cleaner bends and welds,put a new ignition on it ( going with the harley round keys) making a dash that holds the speedo/tach and usual lighting....get the rims painted black an polish the lips an probally a few other things...other than that i like the bike the way it is
      My computer Tech job in miramichi,nb,canada
      Adaptive Office Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
        fighters are not beat up stunt bikes,
        they usually are, why would someone take apart a perfectly good bike to make an ugly ass fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
          Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
          fighters are not beat up stunt bikes,
          they usually are, why would someone take apart a perfectly good bike to make an ugly a$$ fighter.
          +4
          (I have to agree, strongly)
          Drive faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

Comment

I believe he put in the title that it's a fighter, if you strongly dislike fighters then don't open the thread.
            I'm sure it gets old having to reply to the "I don't understand the whole SF thing" statements. If you don't understand it then obviously it's not your thing, and that's ok. Just don't put down the guys who build fighters.

Comment

Nice tail! The exhaust needs something though...high temp black paint or something.
              And I actually like that gap between the carbs and the tank.

Long Live the D

Comment

Keep modding the fighter bro. I happen to like them. It is amazing how nice a SF can look with the right touches.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

ok guys i did not do this fighter...i just bought it last weekend...i have plans to clean it up more but in no way can i take credit for how it looks the guy before me did all the work himself....plans i have for it is to make a dash to hold the tach and speedo and indicator lights like oil neutral turn signals and high beams ( or in my case.... lights)im re doing the exhaust with smoother bends and clean welds...tuck it in more im doing the rims black to go with the bike and going to polish the Lips and probaly a few other things..as for the guys dissing streetfighters...say what you want but the Katana stock isnt all that pretty either...im not saying its ugly...its just not as good looking as some other bikes ive seen

Comment

Originally posted by freddie_fred
                    I believe he put in the title that it's a fighter, if you strongly dislike fighters then don't open the thread.
                    I'm sure it gets old having to reply to the "I don't understand the whole SF thing" statements. If you don't understand it then obviously it's not your thing, and that's ok. Just don't put down the guys who build fighters.
                    +1
                    If it isn't something you are into, understand or just don't like there is no reason to put someone else's bike down. just say nothing and move on to the next post.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

If you went to all the trouble of modding the frame that much...why not actually put a decent suspenion on it?

Comment

Originally posted by bigkat
                        If you went to all the trouble of modding the frame that much...why not actually put a decent suspenion on it?
                        like i stated before i just bought the bike...i didnt do those mods

Comment

Originally posted by dpasch
                          Originally posted by bigkat
                          like i stated before i just bought the bike...i didnt do those mods
                          Ok...well since it is now yours, why not pu a decent suspension on it

Comment

Dont listen to people talk trash, if I would have my kat would of never been reborn into what it is.......to bad I sold it though......oh well maybe ill do another some day. I like the way that looks though, do you know if its metal or did he use fiberglass? Im hoping metal but you never know.
                            Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                              Dont listen to people talk trash, if I would have my kat would of never been reborn into what it is.......to bad I sold it though......oh well maybe ill do another some day. I like the way that looks though, do you know if its metal or did he use fiberglass? Im hoping metal but you never know.
                              unfortunately its fiberglass so i crash...its gona suck...its preetty thick tho like 1/4 inch thick

Comment

Fiberglass on the frame as well?? I wonder how long its held up like that.......oh well it looks good, hope it holds up for awhile for you. I dunno how it will work with the heating and cooling of the metal though. If you look into doing a swingarm swap or anything and need help you can get ahold of me on here and I can tell you what I know. Also try posting on customfighters.com There are alot of knowledgeable people there that can help you with pretty much whatever you need
                                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                                X