X

I'm sorely tempted...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorely tempted...

I dunno what I would do with another bike though. I'd probably hop on it if it wasn't an R title.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Not to bad for a fixer upper.

Comment

I think Kristin would kill me if I brought another bike home. Running 5 years ago isn't a good sign though. I bet the carbs are toast.
      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

If you have the space buy it and part it out...the farings look decent and the rest could be sold with probably no issues...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Carbs, tank would probably be toast, plus all the rubber (tires, brake lines, seals, etc).

The real question is why he stopped riding it (was there something serious wrong with it that he never addressed?).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

if you really want a project bike, why not go with an ol' skool kat like I happened to pick up?

The 80's 750's that I picked up were mighty cheap, and in alot better shape than that one.
            I could find you one pretty quick around here.
            You are only 7 hours away. Leave on a saturday morning at 7 and head back the next day. Or do it all in the same day and be home by 1-2am max.

But hey....that's just my opinion. It would probably cost you more to fix that one up in the long run (after you count your time) than it is actually worth.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured after I saw it. If I had the time, I'd part it out.

So far as the old skool kat is concerned, I think I should finish the GS1100 first...

Which is up an running, but doesn't idle correctly just yet. We think it's because there isn't an airbox on it...
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

You could pick up an early Jap bike cheaper and when restored you could do it the way you want..whatever style suits you..like an old GS,Kat,CB or a KZ...

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                  Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured after I saw it. If I had the time, I'd part it out.

So far as the old skool kat is concerned, I think I should finish the GS1100 first...

Which is up an running, but doesn't idle correctly just yet. We think it's because there isn't an airbox on it...
                  I didn't know you had an old GS. What year is it? Do you have a photo of it?
                  I would also like an old GS, but have enough on my plate as it is for now. Someday.....
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Man... why can't I ever find a deal like that around me??

I hope I find something like that when I am out of the Army and I'm ready to start my project bike.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      Originally posted by steves

I didn't know you had an old GS. What year is it? Do you have a photo of it?
                      I would also like an old GS, but have enough on my plate as it is for now. Someday.....
                      I posted about it in the thread when you got your first old kat. Gave the link to thegsresources. It's actually at my friends dad's house. He restores old BMW's, and offered to help me as a side project.

Really there isn't much wrong with it. 1981 GS1100E. Sat for about 20 years in a garage. Needed a new rectifier. It seems to get "better" after each time we ride it, but it's on old rubber.

Right now, there is something wrong with the idle circuit. We think it might be related to the fact that there is no airbox in the bike right now, so I've been watching ebay for one.

I have to remember to take a camera out next time I am there.
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

My first street bike was a GS650L with shaft drive. I can't remember what year it was. That was a pretty sweet bike, but once I bought the Katana.... it was all over for me.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                        X