Clutch Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Issue

HELP!

I was riding my Kat today, I let it warm up just like normal, got about 2 minutes away from my house, went to pull up to a stop light and noticed I had no play in my clutch lever. I thought nothing of it, that's not a big deal for me, easy fix. I pulled out onto another road, shifted from first to second and goosed it. The engine revved from 4K-10K like I had the clutch pulled in when I didn't. I figured it was the lever. I nursed it back home and adjusted the lever. Still no play in the lever no matter where I have it adjusted. I took it back out for a test run at the spot I thought was the best, didn't act up in first gear, shifted to second, rolled the throttle past the half way mark and once again it revved like I had the clutch in. It now does this in gears 2-6. Any thoughts? Anyone had this problem?
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

you didn't say what year but on posts anyway there is a pivot mechanism that operates the push rod. take the rubber plug off the sprocket cover to expose the adjuster. check the adjuster and adjust so there is just a little play. maybe 1/4 turn.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

It's a 1998. 750cc

Next time I'm in Athens, i'm buying you a beer. Thank you sir.
      Last edited by 1FSTKAT; 07-08-2010, 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

+1 on the adjuster

if thats not it maybe the cable is broken or near broken at some spot

change your oil lately? check for nasty shavings of clutch disc/springs perhaps, a far shot but maybe
        Last edited by Idrivetoys; 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Nope KAT TOY nailed it.

Comment

Working...
          X