X

Speedometer/Odometer issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer/Odometer issue

Hello, I recently rebuilt a 1998 GSX600F. I have gotten everything working except the speedometer/odometer. I have replaced the speed sensor and also the entire dash component. I used a multimeter on the coupler that connects to the sensor and voltage is correct. I have also replaced the signal sensor as well as a precaution. I am still baffled that the speedometer and odometer is not work. Any advice? I'm tempted to replace the entire wiring harness because i'm not sure what else I could look at.
    Last edited by Stitchoz; 02-17-2016, 01:52 PM.

Originally posted by Stitchoz View Post
    Hello, I recently rebuilt a 1998 GSX600F. I have gotten everything working except the speedometer/odometer. I have replaced the speed sensor and also the entire dash component. I used a multimeter on the coupler that connects to the sensor and voltage is correct. I have also replaced the signal sensor as well as a precaution. I am still baffled that the speedometer and odometer is not work. Any advice? I'm tempted to replace the entire wiring harness because i'm not sure what else I could look at.
    Not sure, cause i havent had the fwd cover off yet, but if your guage and wiring are all good,, theres usually 2 parts to the hall sensor(speed sensor) one bolts in and the other i believe is internal in/on or around the sprocket, theyre basically two magnets that when they bypass one another, they count revolution speed wich is sent up the pipe to your speedo. Basically the speed sensor has to have something to read, if it cant read because of dirt or a damaged magnet on the spinning part, it cant send any signal to the speedo to be interpreted as mph/kph

Comment

Working...
    X