X

Clutch Push Rod seal...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Push Rod seal...

I have pre 750, and its leaking from the clutch push rod, I want to know what is the instructions to replace that seal... do I have to remove the sproket?,, if some one has a step by step how to,,, ?

thanks

I've sold two of those seals, this seems to be common. To get the old seal out it's quite simple really. Use a hook put the hook in the hole were the push rod goes and yank it out. To put one in, take a socket the same size as the seal and use a hammer to drift the new seal in.

Comment

So I do not have to take the sproket out, just remove the seal as you said and replace it,, right?

Comment

you shouldn't have to, if you can drift that back in with the sprocket on you'll be good to go.

Comment

Sorry Arsenic.. I had to do this twice..
          (once to repair the seal once to replace it)
          From memory:

Remove the shift lever.
          Remove the shift cover.
          (note where the screws go they are all different lengths.)
          Remove the sprocket.
          Remove the plate (figure 8 shaped part) by removing the screws in the areas a circled.
          The rod seal is in the yellow shaded area.
          Note: some of the screws (all??) are locked by tabs built into the plate. Be sure to re-lock them.

Comment

okay, there's your answer, the only time I've ppulled one the sprocket was off, I forgot about that tranny cover dohicky.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
              okay, there's your answer, the only time I've ppulled one the sprocket was off, I forgot about that tranny cover dohicky.
              For such a small item it is a major PIA!!!

Comment

hey at least you don't need to split the cases to get that seal out

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info,, I've been told that removing the sproket is a PIA,,, so I will need to go thru that

Comment

It's not that hard.
                    Have one of your friends stand on the rear brake, if your chain is still on, then take that big nut off. If your chain is off it's a PITA, without the right tool.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      It's not that hard.
                      Have one of your friends stand on the rear brake, if your chain is still on, then take that big nut off.
                      Another way I used was to block a long socket handle against the ground (with the socket on the sprocket nut..) Then turn the rear wheel.
                      If your chain is off it's a PITA, without the right tool.
                      +1!

Comment

I just use my big-ass torque wrench that's as long as my forearm like a cheater bar . Stand on rear brake myself , and give the wrench a push . The HARDEST part is getting the chain off the sprocket . It don't wanna come out even when you get the sprocket nut off . It'll take some wiggling , grunting , and swearing .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well,, I did the change last nigth, changed the push rod & the seal, I had to loose the rear wheel so I can remove the change from the from sroket, it was not so bad to remove the nut from the front sprocket. But it is a lot of work just to change that little seal. about 2 hours. One thing I notice is that after change the push rod and seal I had to adjust the clutch level cuz it was to loose and was not pushing the rod as it should..., thanks everyone .

Comment

Make sure you put thread locker on that 8mm (or 10, somewhere around there) bolt that holds the nut in.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                            X