X

Anyone with aftermarket rim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with aftermarket rim?

Shopped around online today and the newest thing on my mind was rims. Anyone else been/ ever thought about changin the origional to an aftermarket. If so any specifications be aware of? They also seem REALLY up there in price. If anyone has any info thanks in advance!
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Sometimes when you are lucky, a friend of yours with rims you want might sell their bike. And then you can trade with them; like how I got Junior's rims and gave him mine before he traded his Daytona in! Just a thought.
    TiM

Comment

why do you want rims? chrome? it would be more cost effectice to polish your rims.

Comment

rims are the single most expensive mod you can do to a bike next to an engine rebuild. i doubt you would be able to buy a set straight out for under $2k.

you could have a set chromed for about $450-500.

polishing is cheapest....even if you have someone else do it.
        powdercoat next...then chrome...then buying a set.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

yea im talking changing the stock rims to aftermarket not just polishing them straight out new ones. I dont really like the looks of the stock but oh well they will serve for now until i win the lottery....

Comment

only pvm rims have a aftermarket for kats. 1600.00. i have a set but i sell them also. oz did make them but they got out of the bike bizz.

Comment

got a pic of what those rims look like? Never found any so just chromed mine out.
              Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Yea pics?

Comment

rims

the 05 two models
                  Attached Files

Comment

rims

two
                    Attached Files

Comment

if one can afford them. the reason you want rims and not chrome is you lose a bunch of pounds from the bike. you would be amazed of how the kat handels with the rims and the lost of wieght. but lets be honest it is a kat and unless you will ride the kat the rest of your life then just paint them a nice color.

Comment

Those are nice. I love the second pair.

Comment

letsride,

Do you have those on your bike? The red rims in your profile look awesome though. I would love to see pics if you do.

Those are something I am thinking about getting, but probably not til next year.

Comment

how about the modification in the midle of the stock rim for make them look wider any help in that?
                            power is nothing w/o control

Comment

Why wouldn't anyone looking for aftermarket wheels just shop for a late-model SV650 wheel? They're the exact same thing! Same width, same rotors.....Seems like there's more choice for the SV than the Kat, and it's easy enough to swap stock internals into an aftermarket wheel.....
                              FrankenKat 1216
                              GS Fiter 816
                              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                              X