X

Motorcycle Riding Denim Jeans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Riding Denim Jeans

I'm just curious to know what folks are wearing as far as Kevlar riding jeans for protection? I've looked at several ranging from the Bilt Iron Workers to the Icon Victory but I haven't decided on anything yet. I'm looking for protection but a decent price as well. Please weigh in.

I used to wear leather chaps, no, they weren't in tune with sports bike attire really, but they were certainly effective when I went down the couple of times that I did go down. And they were cool temp wise. I used to wear them to my gigs and just keep them on. But not really sports bike attire.

Bottom line...easy to get on and easy to take off. I'm not a traditionalist.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I have thought of getting a pair of chaps for my commute to work in the hotter months myself.
      Last edited by ZukiFred; 05-21-2014, 04:12 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I went with Diamond Gusset Defender jeans. Well made and very comfortable. I also like the fact that they are made in the US.

Comment

Finally decided

I finally decided on the Sliders 4.0 riding jeans. After a lot of reading, it seemed like they offered more protection and bang for the buck than some of the others suck as Icon and others.

Comment

I wear these:

Lots of kevlar = lots of protection.

But they can feel quite hot in summer.

Comment

Those look pretty good

Comment

Draggin Jeans are made in Hickory, NC. Some of the local riders call up to the factory occasionally and make an appointment for a groupride to stop in and buy some jeans. Usually they give a decent discount to the group if enough people show up.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

I've had a pair of Icon Anthem jeans for about 10 years. I love them and they are finally worn out now but not a whole lot of protection. Better than regular jeans and more comfortable. I also wear Shift Torque jeans. They held up great in a tumble I took. I just ordered a pair of Bull-it jeans but I haven't got them yet. Reports say they are better than Draggin jeans. We'll see

Comment

I still have a set of Draggin Jeans. Awesome product.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I wear the Speed and Strength "Run with the Bulls" jeans and I must say that even in Arizona they don't get too hot in the summer months; which happens to be ten of the twelve months... I got them for eighty bucks on Revzilla during the Christmas season and I'm still pleased with them.
                      "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting"
                      -Steve McQueen

Comment

I ended up getting the Sliders 4.0...plenty of kelvar lining , decent knee pads, and a decent price.

Comment

I have a pair of Sliders 4.0 Khakis - very comfortable, and no need to change when I get to the office. Will probably get another pair or two, but they seem to wear very well in the year+ I've had them.
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I was thinking about getting the Khakis next month or so. I have some over Icon and Field Sheer over pants that i'll probably wear when it starts to get cold.

Comment

Has anyone found a good pair of riding jeans that are a more slim/narrow fit?

I bought one pair, I think they came from the UK, and while they fit ok it's nowhere near the fit I get from my usual Levis/Wranglers. I can't stand baggy ass jeans, blame the 90s.

Comment

Working...
                              X