No announcement yet.
X

Plastidipped 05 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea I dont get why everyone is all "make plastidip last longer/more durable"....just paint the damn thing with spray paint lol its cheaper per can an guess what else? MORE DURABLE!

Plastidip is an awesome product an just like everything else it has a purpose...
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

what if you use a spray bottle and mist thinner on it, and then spray over before it dries, will it lay perfect?
      99 Katana 600

Comment

It lays perfect without it. It might now build perfect, but it lays perfect. You can mist it after you spray it to smooth out texture. The reason I use paint thinner before I spray is because it cleans better than anything else. I don't spray it on, I wipe it on with a microfiber.

Comment

To the OP, or knowleable 3rd party.

Did you remove factory decals?

Comment

if you dont you will most likely (quite certain) just see the outline and risen area of the decal.
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

My Plasti-dip experience:

The stuff is awesome. I sprayed my dirt bike black and gray for an event with full intent of removing it afterwards. One coat.

It held up excellently, and it peeled off fairly easily. Places where my plastics were scraped up the Plasti-dip stuck very well; harder to remove.

What I think is important to know is that anywhere you have to twist in a screw to mount a fairing there is the possibility of the P-D getting caught by the head of the bolt. It twists the P-D up. Perhaps because my coat was very thin.

Also cool to note, and I don't know why this happened: Where my plastics have decals, the edge of the decal became a tear point for the P-D. I began removing the P-D over the decal and it tore perfectly at the edge of the decal. It masked itself.
              2006 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
              X