No announcement yet.
X

My Winter Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks great - nice job! What size compressor are you using? I'd like to do the same this summer if I have a large enough compressor to support.
    1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thainglo View Post
      It looks great - nice job! What size compressor are you using? I'd like to do the same this summer if I have a large enough compressor to support.

I was using a compressor like this:

30 galon tank. You don't really need this size even for a motorcycle job. Because the pieces are all some what small so it doesnt take as much air as a car would. A really small compressor wouldn't be enough though. 20 gal might do the job good enough, without over working the compressor.

I also have this compressor (it would work for the motorcycle job, because it's made to run a lot for running 2 framing nailers, it has high CFM):

Here's the new plan for the paint on the bike... Changed it, and liked it so I did it. lol.... plus it was a lil bit easier then the cracks.

My first design like this would have been better, but for some reason while I was taping it I changed it. Doesn't look as good now as it could have . I think I might add a little something in the space where I was originally going to tape it like this pic. I don't know why I changed it, I now think I shouldnt have. But I'm going to try to figure something to do there. (Where the point is by the front signal light).

Last edited by Chris438; 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM.
      My Bike/Project:
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

Masked and Silver paint.
        Remember pics are with my phone, so they're not quality or anything.. Plus the pics look just like blue. The colour is way different in person, its amazing in light. Has a sweet greenish pearl in it.

Clear coat.

I added a point, something like I originally planned on doing to this pic on the computer. I for some reason taped it differently and I guess I didn't realize until I started spraying ... I think it looks better pointed I'm STUPID!!! I might put a "SUZUKI" sticker made to fit there (in the gap), the same colour as the silver paint. The back curve (by the gas switch) should have been more gradual too. whatever, to late now.

Suppose to wait 24 Hours for the clear coat to dry so I will most likely be putting the bike together tomorrow after I change my oil. So I will probably post some pics when I get it all together with some of the finishing touches.

I might add pin stripes after... Maybe use the real teal and mix a little bit of the silver in it for the pin stripe.

Other then the design mess up, as my first paint job, and a bad room with to much junk to do it in. I'm overall happy with it so far.
        Last edited by Chris438; 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM.
        My Bike/Project:

Comment

looks good, great job.
          you gonna put some suzuki decals on there before you clear it?
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks.

I wasn't planning on it, since its already cleared now. But I might do pin stripes which involves sanding the clear down a little bit and re-clearing. So maybe when I do that I might add the decals and spray clear over. Or I may even make a stencil and spray SUZUKI on the side.
            Last edited by Chris438; 02-18-2011, 10:19 AM.
            My Bike/Project:

Comment

Ok, the bike is almost together. I have 2 pics of it.. Will take a couple more when I'm finished putting it together.. Still have to put front fender on, finish bolting fairings, put foot pegs on, finish some of the lighting, I'm done about half of the lighting I want to do, and the mesh I will add later. Only mesh I have at the moment that would be good for it would probably rust...
              Any suggestions on what I should get from where?? In ontario....

Plus I have a couple other small things I want to add still.

ANDDD I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT!!! the snow is back tonight is a storm night today was a huge tease I guess...

Let me know what you all think....

PS It's not cleaned yet either. Or polished/waxed.
              My Bike/Project:

Comment

Looks great. Nice graphics very original, colors have a good contrast.
                I don't really think it needs and decals.

Richard
                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                05 Yamaha WR450F
                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Looks great. Nice work.

Comment

wow , this is excelent
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

CLEAN! Great job.

Comment

Thanks!!

I may not put any decals on... Time will tell lol...
                        My Bike/Project:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris438 View Post
                          Thanks!!

I may not put any decals on... Time will tell lol...
                          Looks great man gj, the paint job looks much better than the primer after all lol.

Comment

Good job, it looks good. As mentioned good contrast, and the satisfaction of doing the job yourself.

Comment

Thanks

I will post a couple more pics when I'm completely done with the lights, chain and sprockets, front fender back on. I will probably do the mesh by then too! Hopefully I can find something that won't rust.
                              My Bike/Project:

Comment

Well, I got my lights done...

Front fender not on yet, neither are my chain/sprocktes. but heres a couple pics anyway...

Little bit better quailty pics too. Some of them show the colour better (REAL TEAL). Instead of seeing just staight blue like the other pics showed.

My Bike/Project:

Comment

Working...
                                X