Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How many Skully testers among our 29,154 members?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Skully testers among our 29,154 members?

Katriders currently has 29,154 members. Among our members, who are Skully helmet beta testers? Who applied to be one? Who ordered one? There's been a lot of hype about this helmet for a long time now. I saw one of their videos that shows testers' testimonials today. Do you notice anything unusual about the video?

Thinking about getting a new motorcycle? Have you considered a pink Honda motorcycle? Yes, you read that right! Honda offers a stylish and eye-catching option
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
    '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Wow, thats hell of an helmet! Im interested in knowing if the rear view mirror and GPS is distracting. Definitly state of the art!
    sigpic
    Ya, that first country is Canada...

Comment

The majority of members are no longer active (even considering lurkers), and according to the online tracker at the bottom of the board index a majority of traffic may well be guests (amongst them, bots).

I am excited for the doors Skully's design will open.
      I do not, however, see myself ordering one. Not only is cost a factor in my opinion but also what it offers I am truly not ready to condition into one central thing with one battery.

My tech setup currently includes a Speed & Strength SS1300 'Under the Radar' Matte black helmet with tinted lens. SENA SMH10 attached for communication, phone answering, and playback. I have a Drift HD mounted to record video and a microphone as I intend to begin motovlogging soon.

Brake Res. mounted RAM Phone mount, dual USB power outlets mounted on handlebars to charge phone (doubles as GPS and map output)

Adapativ Technologies TPX Radar Detector 2.0

I have a very technological setup (for a motorcycle, anyway), and I truly don't see the Skully doing anything I don't already have.

A heads-up-display does intrigue me, and would definitely help compact all the interfacing with everything I have, but breaking the bank for the helmet just isn't something I can do -- especially considering everything runs off the same battery.

If I forget to charge my SENA or Drift HD, run it dry, or on a long trip and want to sustain it, off it comes of my helmet and up into my dash for the second USB port to charge.

Running a cable up to charge your helmet on a bike with a low windscreen (think: Kats, sport bikes) is unreliable and frankly cocking about with it while heading down the road would be a hassle. On a long trip I really don't see the Skully performing wonderfully.

Then again, I don't - and probably won't - own one. So this is all with a great deal of speculation.
      Last edited by Purplehaze; 09-16-2014, 04:20 PM.
      - Purplehaze
      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

$1,400 for a helmet. I don't think so. I've already got an intercom installed (corded) with a BT module for phone calls, music and GPS audible prompts. I'd love to have the electro-photochrome visor, though. Sure wish someone would make an aftermarket one for my Shoei.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i applied but no response from them
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Didn't get into the beta, kind of glad

I knee-jerked and applied for the beta, but also never received a response. That being said, I'm thinking that was a good thing. Sure, the helmet has some cool features, but I can buy a NUVIZ hud (when it comes out soon) AND a Shoei RF-1200 for about $500-$600 cheaper and get the same outcome. Even more, I KNOW from experience that the Shoei holds up well in wrecks.

Comment

Working...
            X