X

new ties

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ties

Just scored a set of new tires for 50 bucks... Yup new.
    Only draw back.. They're not matching.
    1 bridgestone battlax 180 55 zr17
    1 Michelin power pilot. 120 70 17

But for 50 bucks new and 40 bucks mounted and balanced.. Can't complain.

Question... On my rear shock.. There's a adjustment hole that looks like I can move it down.... Will that in turn raise the rear of my bike?
    It feels like it's been lowered.
    Thank
    Last edited by MACSOG; 06-01-2015, 03:26 PM.

Just keep in mind that those tires may not have been previously mounted, but they may not be NEW either, no telling how long they have sat in a warehouse, garage or attic.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Oh yeah,if I hadn't bought them from a Honda dealer I would have been very skeptical... It was new old stock... They was made the 43rd week of 2011... So I wasn't too worried.
      With my rear showing belts I needed them, I really think the salesman backdoored them if you know what I mean.

Comment

180/55R17 is too big for your 4.5" wide wheel. not matching tread design shouldn't be a problem. (if you have a Katana)
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          180/55R17 is too big for your 4.5" wide wheel. not matching tread design shouldn't be a problem. (if you have a Katana)
          Yeah it's a gsx600f 1990.... That's the size that came on it.
          And the new one is mounted and I just put around 70 miles on it.
          The previous one was a contimotion of the same size and I put around 11k on it before the belts was showing, don't know how many miles the last owner put on them.
          I can say this, I doubt I'll ever buy contimotions... The handling is night and day... These tires give it a more nimble and secure ride.
          The contimotions liked to slide is the twisties and handled sluggish like a bus with a half shot power steering pump.
          I don't know... But it seems to fit just fine.

Comment

My bike had a 180 on it when I got it. If you really want to see a night and day difference in handling put the right size tire on it. That 180 is pinched to fit the rim and mushroomed out of shape. When I changed mine to the proper size it was like riding a new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyh982 View Post
              My bike had a 180 on it when I got it. If you really want to see a night and day difference in handling put the right size tire on it. That 180 is pinched to fit the rim and mushroomed out of shape. When I changed mine to the proper size it was like riding a new bike.
              Kool kool... I'll keep that in mind on the next change.
              Think I'll get a set of metzs next go around.
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X