X

Jet kit now or later?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet kit now or later?

I'm finally getting around to finishing up the last odds and ends I need to finally ride my Katana. A year ago when I bought the bike I rebuilt the carbs and it actually started!

Now my question is to whether I should do a jet kit now or later? I have bought a post 4-1 and plan on either getting a Scorpion can or hopefully run the new can that GSXFJim is having made. Because of this I think I should get the jet kit and install it now.

Either way since they have been sitting a year, without gas in them on the workbench, I figure it would be a good idea to give them a once over.

Thanks!
    First motorcycle - new project
    1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

What would be the benefit of waiting?

Comment

I'm with Arsenic. If they're setting on you bench and you're going into them regardless, I too see no reason not to.

Comment

Seriously you need to ask?
        2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

go for it. I'm glad I installed my FP kit. mileage actually went UP a little.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

My friends bike is jetted. Mine is not. Big difference.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
              My friends bike is jetted. Mine is not. Big difference.
              #truth

Comment

These are the responses I figured I would be getting.

Is the 750 kit the same as the 600 kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-97-Suzuki...-/200665886966

I've found this for 93-97, but I think all the carbs 89-97 are the same?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Pro-...9359d7&vxp=mtr

Then there is the website?

http://www.factorypro.com/prod_pages/prods02.html

I also think I'm going to buy some other parts for the carbs when I get into them just to make sure they're in top shape.

Arsenic, what grit media do you use to blast the carbs that you rebuild? Then you clear coat them, right?

Comment

No, the 600 and 750 kits are not even close to the same. 80 grit glass bead. I clear coat anything that's is steel, aluminum I do not. I just use rustoleum. For a 600, 90-97 are the same, 88-89 are different. The reason there are two kits is because the cams changed. But they changed with the 1992 engine, not 1993. Either 90-92 or 93-97 600 kits work the same.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 09-19-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Buy this one for "93-97" then? Just confirming. Unless you have a source or another suggestion. Also Bikebandit for misc inside pieces like the rubber stoppers?

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
                      Thanks. Buy this one for "93-97" then? Just confirming. Unless you have a source or another suggestion. Also Bikebandit for misc inside pieces like the rubber stoppers?
                      That's a good price. The place I buy FP kits from is only a matter of cents cheaper. I don't remember if they offer free shipping. Either way, that's a good price. Yes, I buy all the gaskets and what not from BikeBandit.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        That's a good price. The place I buy FP kits from is only a matter of cents cheaper. I don't remember if they offer free shipping. Either way, that's a good price. Yes, I buy all the gaskets and what not from BikeBandit.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X