• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to that ! I'm 21 again

Great work ! jealous I am

Colin.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

I will always love the sound of a piped two stroke. Makes me want to pull my RD out of the garage.
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

AWSOME!!!

You guy's have done a fantastic job, well done!!

Tok

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! This makes me want to get the old Honda and Yamaha out of the shed out back and rip em down and rebuild the suckers!
          Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Thanks all for the positive comments! I am absolutely in love with the bike! Its my first two stroke and I can say now, it won't be my last! I don't have any updates as of late, I am on standby right now until I can go down and have my friend help me re time the bike and do some carb tuning. Once I get her finished up and rideable, I will post some wheelie videos and such! Oh God how easy the front end comes up on that thing! I love my Katana, but she will never ever get her front end up!

Comment

Congrat's again I'm also fan of two strokes
              My first bike was a Yamaha RD 135 two stroke unfortunatelly I crashed but I still love the power when YPVS open and the smell of gas and oil in my clothes
              Bellow one picture to remender it was in 1997 I was 17 years old
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the video... as others have said the sound alone is enough to bring back memories. Two of my friends had Suzuki RG500's Those bikes were seriously nuts!
                Originally posted by cupofresh View Post
                VIDEOS!!!

After a full rebuild, here is a short clip of a ride down the road. Still in the break-in period with a few kinks to work out still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqS5...ature=youtu.be
                2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Another Video!!!

Got the bike running well, did some jetting and timing and she absolutely pulls now! Such a blast! Only thing keeping me from tearing up the roads is no license plate yet. I have an appointment to get a title.

Comment

curious to hear about the title process in WA. It's impossible in Ohio...
                    -Chris
                    **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by rk97 View Post
                      curious to hear about the title process in WA. It's impossible in Ohio...

Ohio doesn't do bonded titles?

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

In WA we have to have the VIN inspected by state patrol. You take it in, they run the VIN and as long as it isnt stolen they give you a temp registration. You have to keep up on tabs for 3 straight years then they will issue a title.

Comment

Alright, so I have been working on my foot controls. I got the shifter dialed in really well. However, I am having a bit of trouble with the rear brake. I bought brand new brake shoes, however, no matter where I adjust it the rear brake hardly does anything. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas about that. Garrett suggested possibly sanding down the pads and the brake surface on the wheel with a coarse grit. I will try that soon, but if there are any other ideas I'm open to try it.

Got a rear light mounted up, got a pressure switch for the front brake. Works really well and looks sleek!
                          I just used a piece of flat bar and ran a bolt through one of my seat mounts for it.

Also, got the front fender on! I cut it from the front and rear, rounded the edge and painted it black. I think it turned out really well and definitely adds a lot to the look of the bike.

I have a new tire coming on monday and that will also help the looks dramatically. It will help not having a larger tire up front than in the rear!

Test fit and made some marks on where to cut.

Made the cut, ignore that second mark, I decided that was too far back.

Got to painting! It was nice that it was in the mid 80's today, the paint dried really fast!

Mounted it up!

And then since it was a nice day, I dusted off my old DSLR and rolled the RD in the front yard for a small little photo shoot. If you are not a fan of edited photos then you may not enjoy these. However, I dabble in photography so I enjoy making a few adjustments to photos. ENJOY!!!

Comment

Beautiful work!
                            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Welp... I sold the Katana. She was a great first bike, and I will cherish the memories and lessons I learned with her! I am going to be getting a truck instead, because after last winter I made a vow never to ride a motorcycle through the winter ever again! Plus now I have my RD to go on spirited rides and actually owning a cage will be nice! I'm going to stick around on the forums though since I like ya'll. Who knows, maybe one day in the future I'll own another Kat!

When I first got her!

Then the Street Fighter Fever hit... In retrospect I like the look of the fairings much more!

Comment

Great pictures, but I do see what looks like oil running down one of the header pipes.

Tok

Comment

Working...
                                X