X

how much time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much time?

Hello all, I just painted my bike and put on 4 coats of 2 part clear and was wondering how long do I wait until I can put her back together. Thanks to Teddy, I thought it came out great. I will post pics later.

it should cure within 24hrs but if you can leave them out in the warm sun for a day extra it probably would not hurt either
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      it should cure within 24hrs but if you can leave them out in the warm sun for a day extra it probably would not hurt either
      That will work, thanks for the info

Comment

When I painted my bike it was a bit cool and after 24 hours the paint was still a bit soft. Find an inconspicuous spot and try to press your fingernail into the paint, if it leaves a mark, wait longer.
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I stick my newly painted stuff in a warm cupboard for at least 48 hours after its touch dry, better if you can leave it a week if you need to polish the finish though
          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
            I stick my newly painted stuff in a warm cupboard for at least 48 hours after its touch dry, better if you can leave it a week if you need to polish the finish though
            I agree but man it's tough to look at it in pieces though, but again if i rush it all the hard work would be for nothing. Thanks

Comment

24 hours at 70 degrees is a good time to wait. after 40 hours your in buisness.
              sigpic
              Visit my Temporary web page at www.myspace.com/zacksbodyshop
              "What's Your Dream?"

Comment

Working...
              X