No announcement yet.
X

GS550 passes inspection....and is gone.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS550 passes inspection....and is gone.

well today was a mix of bad and good. I took the ex and the bike to inspection. The guy tried EVERYTHING in his power to find something wrong...as they do here in Quebec. Front/rear wheel alignment, oil leaks, suspention...the works. All he could come up with was that I forgot to put a cotter-pin in one of the caliper nuts on the rear arm, and the header had a minor leak where it bolts on the engine....but only because the thngy that holds it there was not tightened evenly. other than that...tip top shape. That was the good part of the day.

The bad part....I took the bike back to the shop and stuck it where the ex could come and pick it up with her brother. I will not deny it broke my heart cuz I knew I was saying goodbye to both forever. All that hard work we did was supposed to be to enjoy riding as a couple, but hey.....shit happens. It really sux, but not much one can do about it but suck it in. That is what happens when you tackle something like that as a team before really getting to know each other.
    Lesson learned.

ps. this might explain some of my "stress" as of lately. the last 5 weeks or so has been me busting my ass to get it completed....and stressing in the fact that I was both anxious, and not, at the same time. The whole ordeal was kind of an emotional overload.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Well, at least now you can move on....in both ways. Let's see that 1100 shine!

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
      Well, at least now you can move on....in both ways. Let's see that 1100 shine!
      hell ya. have been moving on as far as the "female" aspect of it. and fate can be funny in that area. i had a date to go see pirates of the carribean on wednesday which turned out great.....then another date with a different woman last night....where we went to a bar on the lake to hear a band play and do a little dancing. what's funny about that you might ask? the date from wednesday was there also. came over and started flirting...wanted a hello kiss. so I gave her a peck on the cheek. wasn't enuff I guess cuz she grabbed me and stuck her tongue halfway down my throat....then gave an evil grin to the date I was with, winked at me and walked away. spent 20 minutes explaining (aka: bullshitting) that one....but that's cool.
      came home tonight and had a messege from both on my machine. click, delete, click, delete.....so long to both. neither really tickle my fancy...lol

The 1100 starts getting tore down next week.

Comment

Well buddy, you can clear your head of all that BS and enjoy our ride tomorrow, and if I know you it won't be long before the women trouble starts again excellent job on the ex's bike, it looks great!!
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          Well buddy, you can clear your head of all that BS and enjoy our ride tomorrow, and if I know you it won't be long before the women trouble starts again excellent job on the ex's bike, it looks great!!
          amen bro....I need it to unwind. was talking with sky tonight, and it is going to be great to see them as well.

and thanks for the compliment on the bike. kinda sux that you didn't get a chance to see it.

Comment

a little salt on the wound goes a long way... been there, done that. relish the single life and enjoy your freedom. good luck!
            One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Damn , I've said it before and I'll say it again .... Mojoe , you're my hero .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Damn , I've said it before and I'll say it again .... Mojoe , you're my hero .
                don't worship me bro....join the force my young jedi. women in bars are just like the breasts they carry......they come in pairs. I am in dire need of a sidekick. I have had better luck getting out of a speeding ticket than splitting them up. the cute one never seems to want to ditch her ugly friend.
                are you into "ugly" by any chance?

it's strange though. the cute one feels guilty and won't ditch the ugly......but the ugly is desperate enough to ditch the cute one. so sometimes a man just has to settle for ugly. But hey....that's why they invented alcohol, right? so the ugly ones can get some too.

Comment

hehe....I am just kidding around. besides, do you actually think I would admit to doing ugly?

lies! Lies, I tell you! I have never seen her before in my life!!!!

Comment

Its fun to be fought over.

Comment

Hmmm , I can move to Canada , start drinking (so's I can deal with the "ugly ones" ), and Mojoe will teach me the ways of the force . PLUS , he has a kick-ass garage to play in ..... damn , what's keeping me here again ?
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Matt, you got the looks, you got the body, you got the guitar skills. You just don't have the mind-set, me thinks... And watching Mojoe go through women like some guys devour a 6-pack probably won't sit well with you either in the long run, but I'm just guessing on that one (in part because he'll keep pawning the "uglies" off on you).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          Matt, you got the looks, you got the body, you got the guitar skills. You just don't have the mind-set, me thinks... And watching Mojoe go through women like some guys devour a 6-pack probably won't sit well with you either in the long run, but I'm just guessing on that one (in part because he'll keep pawning the "uglies" off on you).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          well of course I will pawn the uglies off on him. but you have to consider something here, my friend. we are talking "french quebec uglies"....which say compared to ummmm, Vermont for example, are still pretty damn good.

trust me on that one. I did my share of cruising in Vermont years ago.
                          Know what the difference is between Vermont women and a cow is?

50lbs and a plaid shirt.

and Matt......I hope you know you are always welcome to come up and check it out. There was a time when the ladies went ape-shit over american guys. But that was before the Bush administration. But they still like english guys (my strongest selling point considering I aint no Tom Cruise...and my charm, of course ).....so say you are from British Columbia or something. They will probably buy into that with the long hair and all....lol
                          Just don't say you are from Ontario. They will just sort of give you a weird look like you have some snot hanging out of your nose, then turn and walk away

Comment

Mojoe, Cyber... please tell me you guys aren't going to take Matt out to do a bit of "Slumpbusting"?

Matt you just need to play "Wingman" for a while.

Mojoe, that bike looked great. Good job no matter the emotional outcome. :
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh....

Bakersfield,
                              where the men are men, the women are men, and the sheep run scared.

J/K
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X