X

How I Slew A Rain Demon!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nominate Kat-A-Tonic for a PULITZER PRIZE!! Nice writing
    Ride like every car/truck is trying to kill ya!

Comment

[quote]

i own a cortech mini tank bag (magnet); made by tourmaster. it is totally, totally awesome! you can expand the bag if you need to make it bigger.

it can carry my school books, (no room for notebooks though, i usually fold up my notes and blank paper in half and stick it in the books), calculators, pencils, wallet, keys, rain gear (top and bottom), baseball cap, kryptonite brake lock, Sunpass (which is an automated pre-paid toll gadget), etc... and it has room for more.

the bag does not interfere with my riding and it's comfortable if i want to lay down on the tank. it is also very mobile, just unclip it from the safety tether, grab it by the handle, and walk away.
      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
        were do you guys pack rain gear?
        I do without... Florida's rain is usually warm in the summer, non-existant in the winter, and I haven't found rain-gear that doesn't make me sweat as much under it as the rain would wet me without it. Hot&wet vs. just wet, I'll take just wet. Somewhere further north, I'd keep it under my seat behind the battery or in the tail...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

err, sorry for the image goof up, you can see the pic's on the tourmaster website.

this was in response to suzukisportrider2004's question.
          One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Yes, I would like to apologise for tempting fate and not putting on my rain gear when Mike stopped. I would also like to apologise for calling Mother Nature a B*tch during that same stop, and assume full responsibility for the softball sized rain that we had to ride through. I'm sure she did it just to spite me.

Lesson learned...always respect Mom!
            "The only way out is through."

Comment

Originally posted by Bruzza
              Yes, I would like to apologise for tempting fate and not putting on my rain gear when Mike stopped. I would also like to apologise for calling Mother Nature a B*tch during that same stop, and assume full responsibility for the softball sized rain that we had to ride through. I'm sure she did it just to spite me.

Lesson learned...always respect Mom!
              I'm just glad the storm went away. At one point I thought we were getting hail but I couldn't tell (as I couldn't see).
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Most excellant story....
                I too was petrified to ride on the wet pavement...
                until i took my MSF class...
                the first half of the riding class took place in a 32 degree monsoon...hail, sleet, everything. They actually cancelled it two hours in because the instructors fingers were getting frostbit through his gloves! After that class though, the fear of getting caught in a rain storm is completly gone!

Comment

Well written story Toni. I was getting wet at my keyboard

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Very impressive story? Do you have any aspirations as a journalist? If so, I think you should send that in to a few publications...you could be the next Peter Egan.

It doesn't rain much here in Texas, but when it does, I enjoy riding in it...as long as it is no more than a tenth of an inch. When the water covers the road, I am still petrified to ride in it (even with over 7,000 miles under my belt.) One day I'll have to suck it up...just hopefully no time soon.
                    "MY $6,000 BIKE IS FASTER THAN YOUR $60,000 PORSCHE" stickers on sale now!

http://www.slightlysquidly.com

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and approval. It is very much appreciated.
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Rode in the rain on the way in to work.
                        Man it was nice.
                        Better than 118 degree heat anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X