No announcement yet.
X

Lou's Bike Blew Up Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou's bike is fixed, and smokin now. Well, smokin oil last time I checked anyway....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I just watched an episode of superbikes on the speed channel and they interviewed a mechanic with a garage at the gap named Wheeler. With as much Katana knowledge present, I doubted you needed him.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

glad to hear it is fixed

Comment

glad to hear you are back on the road Lou, perhaps a winter mod would be doing a Hyboosa swap.

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            Damn Lou! Making poor Kristin ride through that oil slick... at least you were close to a pull off spot, and didn't have to sit on the side of the road...
            I watched the video of that... I had no idea my bike was pouring oil all over!!!

I figured taht I blew a piston ring at forst when I looked in my mirror and seen all that smoke. THen when we stoped and I seen that my baby was bleeding all over, and I had oil all over my boot, I knew it was on then.

Took it apart that eveing, and it turned out that I indeed melt through a cooler line. Replaced the line the next morning, and rerouted it out of the way of any hot spots. MacGyver assisted, and also was nice enough to grab a can of carb cleaner and spray all the oil off my rear tire, and off we went and she ran good as new after putting close to 3 quarts of oil back into her!!!

I have pics of it all, but those will come in a day or 2 when I get time to post them. Mac G, thanks for your help. MD86 and the Canadians, thanks for your help as well. It was great riding and wrenching with you guys.!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Did someone promise pics??? hmmmmmm...

Comment

No problem Lou glad I could be of assitance. How is the Kana Gixer running now?

Comment

Working...
                X