Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where can I buy a good tank bra for my 750 Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a good tank bra for my 750 Katana?

Hey guys, I just came back from my Suzuki dealer and was look to buy a tank bra. The salesman pulled out these sticky things that stick to the gas tank. I'm concerned about putting that thing on my bike for fear of scratching or hurting the paint. I want to really buy one of those tank bras. They look really nice and I want one that has real good padding on the inside to keep from scratching my paint. Could you also please tell me where to buy one from?

Originally posted by ray123 View Post
    Hey guys, I just came back from my Suzuki dealer and was look to buy a tank bra. The salesman pulled out these sticky things that stick to the gas tank. I'm concerned about putting that thing on my bike for fear of scratching or hurting the paint. I want to really buy one of those tank bras. They look really nice and I want one that has real good padding on the inside to keep from scratching my paint. Could you also please tell me where to buy one from?
    what year?
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

I have one
      Last edited by arsenic; 08-06-2008, 10:18 PM.

Comment

The tank bra will probably do damage to your tank over the long run. Dust and dirt will get in between the bra and tank causing scratches. A tank pad won't hurt or harm your paint and will protect it from the zipper on your jacket. I'd go with the tank pad over the bra. Just my 2 cents worth.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

If all else fails Ebay.
          02' Katana 600
          D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Victoria's Secret?

(Hey, somebody had to do it...)
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have the factory tank bra on my 2004 and it works great. You DO have more maintenance, but not much. I just make sure I've cleaned and waxed my tank before I put it on, and I take it off once in a while to clean underneath it and re-wax the tank - just part of keeping the Kat clean
              sigpic

In Life, you either lead, follow, or circumnavigate the whole process....

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                Victoria's Secret?

(Hey, somebody had to do it...)

LOL, it took great effort for me to resist doing so....
                sigpic

Comment

I have an 06 750 Katana. I'm a little concerned about the sticky thing and would prefer to get the bra. I wash and wax my bike religiously so dirt getting underneath would not be a problem. I just wanted the best protection I could get so the tank wouldn't get scratched.

Comment

do a search for Lockhart Phillips online/ebay/craigslist
                    sigpic

Comment

I got mine through Ron Ayers. They had the best price for the OEM bra. Follow the link to buy it... only $30.92 right now.

You can see it on my bike here: http://katriders.com/vb/photoplog/index.php?n=3145
                      sigpic

In Life, you either lead, follow, or circumnavigate the whole process....

Comment

Originally posted by ray123 View Post
                        I have an 06 750 Katana. I'm a little concerned about the sticky thing and would prefer to get the bra. I wash and wax my bike religiously so dirt getting underneath would not be a problem. I just wanted the best protection I could get so the tank wouldn't get scratched.
                        Take your tank to a reputable painter and have them put another half dozen coats of high quality clearcoat on. Paint underneath wont fade, and scratches will easily buff right out, and any sort of bra or tank bag will take forever to wear into the clear. Many years from now when it starts getting thin from buffing, just clear it again.

When asked about normal care, Zack, my paint guy, said his clear just requires washing with like a mild dishsoap, dry, and then a spritz and wipe with a detailing cleaner. NO wax he emphasized. BTW, he also painted and cleared my helmet, which somehow got a nasty deep scratch. All he had to do was buff it out and no more scratch. The clear kept it out of the paint.
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I think Bra's suck cause more damage than good!!!
                          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Here's one off Craislist...

Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Working...
                            X