X

heads up on cheap chain & sprocket kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads up on cheap chain & sprocket kits

i just picked up one for $106 shipped..hopefully it will be here by next week

just thought i'd share the news for anybody in need of a new chain or sprockets like i am

link

start bidding guys!!!!

Bump..

Comment

umm I know I have not been around very long, but have used many chain and sprockets over the years. I do not like an aluminum sprocket when you have the power of a 600 or 750. The aluminum sprocket will not last and your chain is going to wear out faster because of the sprocket.

Comment

The link says steel...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

please dont post a "google" or "search function" quote, but is that the stock sprocket size?

Comment

I only looked at the one for a 750 kat since that is what I have, says on package 7075 T6 aluminum.........maybe one for 600 is steel just didn't check. OK looked at all three sets and yes some say you have a steel front and rear sprocket. Just look closely at which one you order
            Last edited by Glimas; 03-20-2008, 01:50 PM. Reason: found more info on site and checked more closely

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
              please dont post a "google" or "search function" quote, but is that the stock sprocket size?
              stock for what, and you will find it much quicker with the search button.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Glimas View Post
                umm I know I have not been around very long, but have used many chain and sprockets over the years. I do not like an aluminum sprocket when you have the power of a 600 or 750. The aluminum sprocket will not last and your chain is going to wear out faster because of the sprocket.
                both links are for steel sprockets....i think u were looking at the gsxr ones...thats my fault should have clarified that the first 2 links are for katanas and the rest after that are gsxr kits.
                Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                from what i've read on this site yes these are stock steel sizes
                Originally posted by Glimas View Post
                I only looked at the one for a 750 kat since that is what I have, says on package 7075 T6 aluminum.........maybe one for 600 is steel just didn't check. OK looked at all three sets and yes some say you have a steel front and rear sprocket. Just look closely at which one you order
                ok this is directly from each one
                first one
                NEW!
                SUZUKI GSX600F CHAIN AND SPROCKET KIT
                FITS: 89-97 GSX600F
                RK CHAIN STEEL CONVERSION KIT
                530/112 CHAIN LENGTH, 14T FRONT SPROCKET, 46T REAR SPROCKET
                HEINENS 763-425-2178

second one
                NEW!
                SUZUKI GSX600F GSX750F CHAIN AND SPROCKET KIT
                FITS: GSX750F 89-97, 98-04 GSX600F
                20,000 MILE WARANTY KIT!
                530/118 RK CHAIN LENGTH, 15T STEEL FRONT SPROCKET, 47T STEEL REAR SPROCKET
                HEINENS 763-425-2178

Comment

Well, Ive placed a bid on the 750 chain/sprocket setup.

Comment

first off the 600 didn't start in 89, it started in 88. And 14/46 is only stock for the earlier years the later years are 14/45, But if you're worried about 1 tooth, I'd half to say it doesn't matter 14/46 will be fine for the 88-97 600.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                      Well, Ive placed a bid on the 750 chain/sprocket setup.
                      cool hope you win.....i won mine on the 18th and he says he ships within 2 days but i still didnt get a tracking number or anything so i went to email him this morning 21st asking him if he sent it already and for the tracking number......and wouldnt you know ups showed up at my door 15 mins ago with a package for me ....now i feel like a retard lol....oh well i was totally expecting it to come next week or something!!

Comment

Working...
                      X