No announcement yet.
X

How to powdercoat instructions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good write up, makes me want to go out and get some pc equipment, but I definately need a oven to fit a rim or swingarm in!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Good write up, makes me want to go out and get some pc equipment, but I definately need a oven to fit a rim or swingarm in!
      actually, you can use a regular oven like I use. I seen one where a guy just extended it with some hi-heat insulation. you know...leave the door open and make like a little tent. he posted some of his work. looks great. I will be trying it with a spare swingarm to see how it works.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well done Mojoe. My dad's had one of these for years and always gave the impression it was technical. After reading your how-to I now know he was full of u-know-what!! I called him on it tonight, he laughed and said to bring my parts over. lol.

Cheers
        There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

How much lbs of powder do you think its will take for a kat wheel?

Comment

great job mojoe, my dad's shop just got a small set up like you got, hoping to do some little things, but doubt i will get the time to.

Great to have people like you on the forum, the ole kr forum turns out some high quality how to's.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I took and copied mojoes instructions and put them in the How to section. I did it that way so I would not have any post in it. This one will stay up. I will combine the other thread with this one Mojoe.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Kat wheels will not take a lbs...depending on your set up it should take around half a hopper...A few little tips to add...

On larger parts or just to check the evenness of the powder before bake use a flash light to go over the powder surface to check for thin spots.

Instead of Paint thinner to prep with try Acetone.

Cool that you got that in "how to" form mojoe.
                1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Damn..... I want to really do a new paint job now, and podwer coat a ton of crap too!!!!

Mojoe, it is your fault I am broke!!!!

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                    Kat wheels will not take a lbs...depending on your set up it should take around half a hopper...A few little tips to add...

On larger parts or just to check the evenness of the powder before bake use a flash light to go over the powder surface to check for thin spots.

Instead of Paint thinner to prep with try Acetone.

Cool that you got that in "how to" form mojoe.
                    BearKat is right....it won't take lbs. a lb will do from 30 to 50 square feet depending on the thickness.

I will try the flashlight method the next time. And acetone as well. I just used thinner because it was there.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                    X