Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where is a good/cheap place to buy sprocket/chain kits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good/cheap place to buy sprocket/chain kits?

And is there a part number or code or something?

I know ima stay stock 15/47(02 kat 600) but when i look at the descriptions of the kits they usually dotn say anything about the chain except 530xso...

thanks
    2002 Suzuki Katana 600
    1980 Husqvarna cr390
    1978 Kawasaki kz400

ok since nobody answered, and i am an old school internet search/research freak...

here is the best places i found and have ordered and received from:

tires(z6's yup):

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

sprocket/chain:

gear:

I hope yall enjoy my favorite places to buy motorcycle stuffs!
    2002 Suzuki Katana 600
    1980 Husqvarna cr390
    1978 Kawasaki kz400

Comment

Good choices. I generally get my sprockets/chain as Vortex+RK combo kits from BikeBandit and my Z6 tires from AmericanMotoTire.com, so you seem to be on the right track.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i know freshness, etc plays into tires, ronayers has the z6s for a couple bucks cheaper. and 10 buck shipping for tires.

THe only thing that i was worried about when buying a chain and sprocket kit is that local shops would not install. The shops around here won't mount tires unless you buy from them. So that is why i bought mine locally. however they screwed me in the end.

and i second what cyber recommends- vortex combo. has 20k mile warranty.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
          THe only thing that i was worried about when buying a chain and sprocket kit is that local shops would not install. The shops around here won't mount tires unless you buy from them.
          Our shops are cool about it , but I learned to do my own anyway . With the right tools , chain and sprockets ain't that bad , and tires once you figure out some of the "tricks" ain't so bad , neither . Be worth your time to check into that it sounds like ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah i had the local shops do the first chain and sprocket change, i'll be doing the rest, as for tires, i don't mind paying someone to do those.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Cogent Dynamics designs & builds custom motorcycle suspension upgrade solutions: Shocks, Springs, Dampers & more. Located in the mountains of Asheville, NC.

Call Rick and tell him Meanstrk sent ya!
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
              X