X

$200 jacket recomendations...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $200 jacket recomendations...

for my b-day my mo-in-law gave me free rain of ordering a jacket 200 or less...

I used new enough and chose this... the Cortech GX air w/ leather
    This jacket has been phased out for the '08 season, but it's been a 'best seller' for us for a couple years so we bought all the remaining inventory from our...

when I got it i was very pleased but it's on the big side so i need to send it back to at minimum get a smaller one...

then i started 2nd guessing my decision on that jacket...

I like that it's usable in both summer and winter (well FL winter) as well as rain... but i'm getting a rain suit so the rain issue isn't that big...

i'm thinking i might want something w/ a little more protection then the mesh but i'm unsure about the real tradeoff in heat come summer vs the protection...

right now the bike is my daily rider for 40 miles each way to work so my gear has to be able to do everything... but i do have a joe rocket phenoix mesh jacket so maybe just rock that for the summer and use the textile or leather for cooler/milder weather?

just looking for some input
    thanks
    mark

I've got nothing but great things to say about my AGV Sport Breeze leather jacket, but if you still have to purchase from newenough they don't carry AGV.

nothin against newenough though, I love that place
    '01 TL1000R

Comment

I'll say it again.. The gear will only protect you if you wear it. Don't buy a full leather if you think that you may someday not wear it because it's too hot!
      Sure leather protects better than mesh. But that jacket is worlds better than a t-shirt! That looks like a well made jacket. The fact that it has CE armor and a back protector are a plus!

Comment

Re: $200 jacket recomendations...

Originally posted by donalson
        ...a jacket 200 or less.
        LEATHER for $150 before shipping. I have an '04 that has zippered kidney vents which may be a little more flexible in terms of temperature, but it is completely comfortable with a turtleneck and windproof layer down to ~45 and without that up to about 90--more if you are moving pretty much all the time.

Comment

Re: $200 jacket recomendations...

Originally posted by sven
          Originally posted by donalson
          ...a jacket 200 or less.
          LEATHER for $150 before shipping. I have an '04 that has zippered kidney vents which may be a little more flexible in terms of temperature, but it is completely comfortable with a turtleneck and windproof layer down to ~45 and without that up to about 90--more if you are moving pretty much all the time.
          Ooohhh that's a good find.
          '01 TL1000R

Comment

I have used this jacket for over a year now. It works great. It is perforated, but I can wear it with a turtle neck in 50 degree weather without a problem. And I am wimp in cold weather. The reason I stay in SoCal.

Frank Thomas - on sale

Just a thought.

Comment

i wear the AGV suzuki leather jacket - love it - perf leather in front - zipper vents in back - comfy! i bought big so i could wear a sweatshirt or feece underneath.
              97 Katana 600
              [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

i have a cortex too, i love it, it's up to all requirements that i wanted with armour and it was only 165...it fits pretty well too...i also love that when it's zipped up there is no exposed metal from zieers or anything that will scratch my tank

Comment

Working...
                X