No announcement yet.
X

gsxr headlight swap into pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good, much better than any pre 98 headlight I've ever seen...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks, I now know that i'm on the right track. I will post that i did to achieve this little beauty. hint: A masive amount of cutting, bonding, test fitting and stress testing to ensure that it will not crack and fall apart.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I like it and looks good

Comment

That's gonna look killer when it's done- keep the pics coming

Comment

Update please

I really like what you're doing, wanna see the outcome!

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

up date comming soon, sorry guys and gals. family and work seems to be very needy right now..
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Update!!!! Update!!!! Update!!!!

Hey all!! just a little update on my conversion. Sorry for the slow pace. Work and family issues come first......A least thats what i,ve been told...lol.

First pic is the housing modified to fit the kat mount, I had to cut alot of the housing and lens to fit and be at the right angle to the fairings, the lamps had to be set back so far that the lamp pivot pin mount had to relocated to the outside rear of the fixture.

Second pic fairing cut to the shape of the lens. This took me a week to do, only because i didn't want to screw my self and have to replace the fairings and repaint them. Pretty easy though.

Third pic 90% complete, need to deal with some minor fitment issues IE mirror pocket hitting the fixture and the the filler piece needs to be reformed slightly to fit tight to the light.

I'll try to get this completed and update pics with it fully assembled..
                Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:12 AM.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

The end is near...

Almost done... This is what it will look like. All that needs to be done is to clean it up a little , seal the lens, wire it up and adjust beam.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

nice man. looks pretty good. do u have a side pic? curious to see the profile with the new light in
                    ----USMC combat vet----
                    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

That's definitely different. Looks good. Needs some edge trim though, to give it that finished look.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks alot man. I like the look, so now I'm gonna have to read the whole thread to see exactly what you did. Making it hard to be lazy.
                        Keep up the good work. And +1 on some edge trim to finish it out.
                        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

side view

why sure.... here you go.
                          keep in mind that i'm still fine tuning the fitment, all is pretty good the fairing filler is not in this pick. it fits prfectly now. working around the windshield now, some trim work to the windshield and some foam around the light, maybe some edge molding if i can,t get a good clean edge and some paint to clean it up.
                          The PO tweeked the mount and my fleabay fairing on the right side was ill repaired, giving me a major pain to redo or finish their work.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

nice cant wait to see the final product
                            ----USMC combat vet----
                            07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Nicely done... keep us posted once finallized...
                              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Looks good!!! Can't wait to see what kind of light it throws out.
                                sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                                2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Working...
                                X