X

Just got my Kat, time to gear up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Kat, time to gear up

Hey guys(and gals), I just bought my first Katana a couple weeks ago and i've been looking around for some nice/affordable gear. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Joe Rocket supersport jacket?

This jacket would match my bike pretty well but i'm not really sure about quality/fit and I figured a good first post would be to ask if anyone had experience with this jacket.
    Also, does anyone have any good glove recommendations? I'm attempting to keep the whole color scheme thing but if i can't find the right gloves i would just go all black.

Thanks,
    Jake
    1998 Suzuki Katana 600
    - Delkevic exhaust, Ivan's Stage 1 Jet Kit, Holeshot 5* Timing Advancer, Integrated Hayabusa rear turn signals, brake light, Grips, Taller Black windscreen, Rear fender chop

Here's a picture of the bike for color reference.
    Attached Files
    1998 Suzuki Katana 600
    - Delkevic exhaust, Ivan's Stage 1 Jet Kit, Holeshot 5* Timing Advancer, Integrated Hayabusa rear turn signals, brake light, Grips, Taller Black windscreen, Rear fender chop

Comment

I don't have any exp with Joe Rocket. I'm still waiting for the Scorpion Strike to get here
      Motorcyclegear.com has some great prices on the closeout section..

Here is the link to help Katriders too
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116190
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

I bought my Joe Rocket (M1 Tech) jacket over three years ago and is still in great shape.
        I use it at least three time a week, no problems so far.
        http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

I have 2 joe rocket jackets, 1 textile and 1 mesh and both have held up very well over the years. S/N: The ebay description for the jacket you referenced says it's orange so it might not match your bike the way it looks in the picture. just wanted to point that out before you pull the trigger. Personally I'd think that most any of the major name brands will offer quality that you'd be happy with so it's just preference after that. best of luck.
          sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I think the orange colors might be a little different but I kinda wanted to stay away from say an all black jacket with the thought an orange jacket would stick out more. What gloves are you guy wearing? Anyone use the shift racing hybrid X gloves?
            1998 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I've had a JR jacket for 13 years with no issues other than one of the velcro pieces on the sleeve is just now coming loose.

Comment

Skidlid, A* gloves, leather jacket, jeans until I get some pants, and boots. All the time.

Comment

Depending on your size you could go with a leather Joe rocket jacket from http://www.motorcyclegear.com/ on closeout. Or several other brands.

I haven't head experience with that model but my Joe rocket Hard drive jacket is just as hot as my Joe rocket leather ones. The only advantage the textile one has over leather is being waterproof.

One advantage of leather (depending on the model) is that most come with a zipper to zip up to leather pants. That way down the road once you get the pants you now have a two piece suit. Overkill for some, but comes in handy if you ever want to take it to the track or even tear up the local twisties.

BTW that textile one already has a 8inch zipper to attach to Joe rocket textile pants so that's a bonus.
                  Kyle

Comment

I have a rocket lid and mesh jacket I find the leather to hot to wear now in the heat. The helmet is an RTK-1000 and the jacket is a Phoenix 10.0 mesh love them both.

Comment

I just ordered the shift hybrid gloves you are talking about. I will let you know how they work on Monday. I also bought an Icon Automag hero jacket in white from motorcycle-superstore; their price was way lower on this jacket than motorcyclegear.com. I find that motorcycle-superstore.com has lower prices on some things than motorcyclegear.com. Shop around because there are some good deals to be had.
                      Last edited by BlakeM; 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

That Icon hero jacket looks pretty nice I just wish they had a color that matched the bike, $225 with free shipping is quite reasonable. I'm interested in hearing about those gloves they seem to have fairly good reviews I'm just worried about the sizing.
                        1998 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                        X