X

Question about footwear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about footwear

I've been riding in my sneakers. I know that's not the safest thing to do.

Do any make a good shoe for riding? Boots are great if you out riding. But I'm looking for an all around piece of footwear that the keep my feet safe on the bike and comfy when I'm off the bike.

You'd be surprised how comfortable boots are for just walking around... My tourmasters are pretty comfy. My biggest complaint with the boots is that my feet sweat a lot more in them.

Since I commute back and forth on days that I don't have to wear a suit, and that everything business-casual that I own goes with brown shoes, I keep an extra pair of shoes at the office and change.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I have a pair of Alpinestars shoes that are mid sized and very compy on the feet they looked like sneakers but are waterproof and feel great while walking around the name of the shoes are called stunt boots
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

If your footwear doesn't cover your ankle, they aren't worth wearing. Your ankle bone will be the first part of your leg that has it's skin removed if you were to fall off the bike.

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
        ... my feet sweat a lot more in them.
        Check out UnderArmour , or equivalent companies that make breathable athletic wear. (eg. Nike, Reebok, local camping supply store, etc.)
        They all make breathable socks. They work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
          If your footwear doesn't cover your ankle, they aren't worth wearing. Your ankle bone will be the first part of your leg that has it's skin removed if you were to fall off the bike.

Check out UnderArmour , or equivalent companies that make breathable athletic wear. (eg. Nike, Reebok, local camping supply store, etc.)
          They all make breathable socks. They work wonders.
          I agree with you on the ankle cover - you really want something that's going to help keep your foot from being hyper-extended. Protecting everything inside the shoe, but allowing for your ankle to be wrung and twisted... eeesh, gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

Yeah, I'd like to go breathable socks, but haven't found a pair yet that feel "right" on my foot - I like a good thick white cotton sock (I change socks to brown when I get in the office). Do any of the one's you list give that same type of comfort/thickness? I'll give 'em a shot it they do.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to go breathable socks, but haven't found a pair yet that feel "right" on my foot - I like a good thick white cotton sock (I change socks to brown when I get in the office). Do any of the one's you list give that same type of comfort/thickness? I'll give 'em a shot it they do.
            The ones I have are similar in thickness to a dress sock.

The only "thicker" ones I have seen are more suited for cold weather use. They may work too, but I would presume that they are more of a thermal/breathable sock vs. just a breathable sock.

Comment

Sidi makes a really comfortable half boot that won't break your bank account.I can wear mine all day.

Comment

Check out some of the Icon gear..The Super Duty boots are nice and the Chukas are also nice...
                Go out to a shop and try some on...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I have a pair of the Icon super duty II. Paid about $68.00 for them. I also bought a pair of Icon standard boots but gave them away. The only reason was they were a snug fit. Timberland makes the Euro hiker which imo is very comfortable. I just haven't gotten around to ordering another pair.

Comment

You'd be surprised how comfortable boots are for just walking around... My tourmasters are pretty comfy. My biggest complaint with the boots is that my feet sweat a lot more in them.

Since I commute back and forth on days that I don't have to wear a suit, and that everything business-casual that I own goes with brown shoes, I keep an extra pair of shoes at the office and change.
                    My Joe Rocket boots are very comfortable to wear walking around. I keep a spare pair of shoes at work but sometimes I forget to change into them because the boots are so comfortable.

I have the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Until I can find some good boots, my steel toed leather work books are doing me fine.

While were on the subject, any one know if any companies have wide width riding boots, like 3E or so?

Comment

I was looking at getting these awhile back

Alpinestars has outfitted countless world champions and produces the highest level of performance and protective footwear and apparel for motorcycle, motocross and mountain bike riders. Our legacy of motorcycle racing and its roots in Italian artistry are crafted into every product. Discover and shop our product range.

Comment

I will only wear boots, seen some very nasty injurys in my life due too no proper protection...

for good comfy socks I use X-socks (several kinds off wove, materials aso) superb too any kind off "bike-sock" I ever saw
                          Attached Files

Comment

What do you think about wearing Timberland workboots? I wear those everyday.

Comment

Knowing this is an old thread revived.....

Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
                              What do you think about wearing Timberland workboots? I wear those everyday.
                              They are ok, I've worn them before. Solid construction that doesn't let your foot flex back a lot. Great ankle support. Will they help in an accident? Might that be your question? Answer is yes. Any over-the-ankle boot will help during an accident. Leather/cowhide will offer the greatest level of burnthru. Will they prevent a broken toe? Who knows for sure. They are work boots, not riding boots. Can Riding boots guarantee preventing a broken toe? No, but the chances of it happening are lower. What about a sprained ankle. Either offer protection there, Stress is delivered higher up toward the boot cuff.

Basically a boot, no matter who makes it, that wraps above your ankle will provide more protection when you need it most. Flip Flops, Sandals, Sneakers, "High Top Sneakers" and high heels wont prevent more injuries.

Items that go above the ankle and tied as they should will offer the highest level of support. Racing boots are nicer, but how often are you on a track?
                              Last edited by Newbie2it; 04-16-2008, 02:58 AM.
                              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X