X

Help correcting speedometer problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help correcting speedometer problem

I recently replaced my stock sprockets on my 02 Kat 750 with same size RK sprockets and chain kit. Now the speedometer reads slower than I'm traveling from 10-20 mph depending on speed. The only noticable differences between the sprockets were the original front sprocket was black and the new one is silver and the new front sprocket has a hole drilled into it when the original did not. Any idea what I can do to fix short of changing out the front sprocket?

If they're the same size, your speedo shouldn't have been off any more than it was before. A speedohealer will fix you right up.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Same tooth count, same gear ratio. Did your rear change size? Thats not the problem if both front and rear have same tooth count....
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        If they're the same size, your speedo shouldn't have been off any more than it was before.
        Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
        Same tooth count, same gear ratio.
        ditto.

The sprokets should be stampt with it's size. Check your original sprokets, then check the new ones or count teeth to confirm
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X