X
X

Flat Tire Repair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass tipped plugs? Got a link or product & brand name so I can look at that?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Flat tire repair kit

I purchased a small kit from my dealer. It came with plugs and two co2 cartridges. I also bought a small bicycle pump. Both the kit and pump fit under my taillight area. The pump works awesome I check the tire pressure before riding and its quick and easy to adjust the pressure. As for riding on a plugged tire? For me it's only to get me to a shop to buy a new tire.
      Always take the scenic route

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        Brass tipped plugs? Got a link or product & brand name so I can look at that?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Just updating an old thread to put the info out there for searchers. I think I ran across what fsand03 was referring to. The Dynaplug Ultralite goes for $30 on Amazon. Basically they're brass-tipped plug strips you push in with a screwdriver-like handle. All the parts fit into the handle; it looks good.
        [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dynaplug-DPU-1229-Dynaplug%C2%AE-Ultralite/dp/B00B7FC4DI"]Dynaplug® Ultralite : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Comment

I have a Slime air pump. plugs into my power outlet. fits in box by battery under seat. got it at Walmart for $10. it's slow but works.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

small pump

Originally posted by Rushfan View Post
            Wal-Mart has a small foot operated pump made by Campbell-Hausefield I think...its a little clunky but would fit in a tankbag/tailbag easy. Carry some good quality plugs and a good tube of rubber cement and you should be good to go.
            Walmart also has a tiny electric compressor - smallest I've ever seen for ten bucks. Green slime works quite well. I had a cut tire that leaked out overnight and it completely stopped the leak and I got another year and a half of use out of the tire.

Comment

crazy glue

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
              I once read a magazine review on the SV1000S. The reviewer got a rear tire flat (or slow leak) and used crazy/super glue to fix it to get him back to the shop to replace the tire. He went on to describe that he inserted the tip as far as possible, squeezed the glue out while rotating, then slowly pulling out, filling the hole on the way out. Let it set. I do not recall if he had to fill with air or not and how much, but he did mention that with the 4-way flashers on, he rode slowly along the paved shoulder back to the shop.

For air, they sell compact bicycle pumps that would fit under the seat, or you could use those disposable CO2 cartriges.
              I've tried crazy glue. Put the tire under vacuum then put drops of glue into the leaking spot.
              Crazy glue cracks easily, and when I inflated the tire it still leaked from that spot.

Comment

+1 on the stopngo. I'm mechanically retarded, but it was quite simple to repair my rear tire with the included directions. It also came with enough plugs to repair about 8(?) tires. I've ridden at least a couple thousand miles on it, mostly full highway speeds, and no problems. I didn't notice the nail in the tire until I got home, so I didn't need the CO2 cartridges.

Comment

Since the thread is from 2008, I'll assume the OP has already figured out what to do.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X