X

Speedometer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer

So I ride my post kat to work on sunday morning with everything running fine. then 7 hours later when I fire it up to ride home, speedometer stays at zero for the whole way home (and every trip since) and the odometer doesn't add any miles. I checked all my fuses and connections, the speed sensor (which looked normal besides some normal gunk on it), and took off the dash to see if there was any random debris in the back with no joy. I ride today and it fluctuates between my actual speed of 45 mph and zero 3-4 times then stayed at 0 for the rest of the ride. This makes me believe it's a loose connection or something. Any thoughts?
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

the pulse wheel can be loose on the counter shaft. mine was missing when i got my Kat.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Is it still screwed in all the way?

I remember on my 93 the cable worked itself out of the back of the dash quite a few times, or is the post a digital speedo?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Is it still screwed in all the way?

I remember on my 93 the cable worked itself out of the back of the dash quite a few times, or is the post a digital speedo?
        he has a post Kat and it has a digital speedo.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          he has a post Kat and it has a digital speedo.
          Technology
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
            the pulse wheel can be loose on the counter shaft. mine was missing when i got my Kat.

I haven't checked that yet. I'll take a gander and get back to you. I cleaned the gunk off the sensor and did a quick ride and it worked fine. Just for kicks, I take it for another short ride 5 minutes later and nothing.
            "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
              I haven't checked that yet. I'll take a gander and get back to you. I cleaned the gunk off the sensor and did a quick ride and it worked fine. Just for kicks, I take it for another short ride 5 minutes later and nothing.
              try to turn the pickup rotor through the sensor opening with a screwdriver first before you remove the cover. you shouldn't be able to turn it without turning the sprocket.

Comment

Working...
              X