X

1988 gsx600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 gsx600f

Its more towards the beginning of its build but will progress rapidly. Im looking to get a yamaha R6 in the near future, which means I can strip this one down and go to work. Its my first bike but ive built some nice race cars in the past and enjoy messing around with old cars. Ive got lots of cool toys to make the build progress.

Heres the bike during its early stages about 3 days after I got it. Some PO hit it with a rattle can and didn't mask anything off. The frame used to be blue and silver with over stray everywhere. Sprayed the fairing with a metallic blue car paint.

Polished off the tail light and frame while doing some general cleaning/degreasing. So far the bikes got a new battery, grips, RPM gauge on its way, oil change (have an oil filter uninstalled), cleaned the intake, new headlight bulb.

Update pics coming soon.

Current Mod List:
    V&H Exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Brighter Headlight Bulb

For those of you who have colored your frame some how do you prefer paint or powder coating as far as durability goes.

Powdercoat is the way to go and its way more affordable than you would think, my frame was painted and it didnt hold up very well at all now with the powder if i get something on it it comes off with a little wax, take into account though for powdercoating you need to replace all bearings and remove everything as it all gets baked at about 400 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by cleankat96 View Post
      Powdercoat is the way to go and its way more affordable than you would think, my frame was painted and it didnt hold up very well at all now with the powder if i get something on it it comes off with a little wax, take into account though for powdercoating you need to replace all bearings and remove everything as it all gets baked at about 400 degrees
      True, i use a curing lamp because I wasn't allowed to leave a sove at my parents house lol. So i might get away with the ghetto version.

Comment

Cold air intake, lulz
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

powdercoating is reasonably priced and basically lasts forever. totally worth it IMHO.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
          X