No announcement yet.
X

Your take on the Honda Grom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it. I dunno what it's for, but Honda fills in these weird little niches with cool bikes. I thought the Ruckus would be crap, and it took off as some funky fun mod toy. Or like the Honda Monkey. Goofy fun bikes.

I don't need one.

I want to go goof off, I get on my CRF250X.
    2006 GSX600F

Comment

I checked it out at the bike show, its tiny in person, its made for small women or kids I think, small wheels ain't no good, if the billion scooters in asia who are all big wheel have anything to say about it.

Comment

When this came out last year, it sparked my interest into getting something on two-wheels. When I finally saw it in person and the price, I backed off and opted for a 150cc scooter. This joy of riding the scooter, lead me getting the Kat that I have today. I'm not a big guy, 5'7, 158 lbs. and the Grom was even small for me.
        "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
        96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post

The look on her face says "I thought you said you bought a motorcycle?"
          +1 or maybe shes thinkin: Oh, you think thats a motorcycle? Maybe we should both see other men....
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

The Grom is almost a really good bike, it's just way too expensive for the relatively low performance.

For $1800, I might want one, but they're going for at least double that right now, and you can buy better bikes for a lot less.

Then on top of that, they aren't that fast for the size... A friend of mine is racing one with OMRL starting next weekend (www.ohiominigp.com), and if his pre-season tests are any indication, his $4,000+ Grom with a bunch of upgraded parts is going to be slower than the Stock XR/CRF100's on the same kart track.

The 4-speed transmission is what really kills it, I think. That, and it's heavy compared to an XR/CRF100.

for $4k, I would buy the 230cc Honda dual-sport with a 5-speed transmission. That's if I were insistent upon buying a new Honda... I'd really probably end up with a DR200 used for under a grand.
            -Chris
            **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

funny

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
              +1 or maybe shes thinkin: Oh, you think thats a motorcycle? Maybe we should both see other men....
              Hah hah hah!!!
              sigpic
              '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

come on, Grom is a surfing term for youngsters beginning to surf. perfect name for a little bike to get started on...

Comment

These little guys are fun to mess around with! They can take a beating as well, and there are a number of easy to replace aftermarket parts available for it that don't break the bank either.

People do all sorts of stuff with them, there's even a guy that managed to throw on a 250cc engine on a Grom.

Comment

Total crap. But, fun as hell.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun if you live in the right area for one, but for a fraction of the cost I bought my katana and it's a lot more bike. Grom's are still so new, and it's Honda so that jacks the price up. Reminds me of the old Trail 50's. Which are cool too, but overpriced.

Comment

Grom Fun

Great Pit bikes. Fun to have at large events to get around and put on a rack on the back of SUV to take on vacation. I built a hitch rack and take my '86 Honda Elite to FL. Hardly use the car. Lots of aftermarket stuff to have fun with, clubs and racing for low cost. I have a Dipstick for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X