X

3.5" rear wheel vs. 4.5" rear wheel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhuddle8 View Post
    How are you guys putting pics on the thread? I only have my phone to take pictures and it is coming up as too big of a file to upload it. Not sure how to get around that lol. Any help?
    Upload the pics to a hosting site like photobucket. They normally have an auto size option to adjust that for you. Think link them here.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The exhaust is a pre after market exhaust. The name is right there on the can. So highly unlikely you have a post oil pan.

The wheel is a post Kat rear wheel. You can use the hub you have, just be aware each finger on the hub that inserts into the cush drive... is going to rub on the wheel slightly.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks krey

Comment

I am ordering the new tires for the bike. I am getting the michelin pr2's. I am putting on the 160 rear tire and it only comes in 160/60/ZR17. So do i keep the 60 profile on the front tire or go with the 70 profile? I am about 140lbs so weight rating would be fine either way.

Comment

I am ordering the new tires for the bike. I am getting the michelin pr2's. I am putting on the 160 rear tire and it only comes in 160/60/ZR17. So do i keep the 60 profile on the front tire or go with the 70 profile? I am about 140lbs so weight rating would be fine either way.
            120/70 and 160/60

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

So i got the new tires for the kat. front went on without a problem. putting the rear on and i noticed that i have to modify the brake arm. so do i hit it a few good times with a hammer? or grind some of it away? what would be the best route?

Comment

no you don't

Comment

I am putting a 160 rear tire on. i dont have to modify the brake arm? it looked like it when i tried to put in on last night. the tire was rubbing on the brake arm.

Comment

I am putting a 160 rear tire on. i dont have to modify the brake arm? it looked like it when i tried to put in on last night. the tire was rubbing on the brake arm.
                    Take the brake arm off.

Sit the arm on a piece of paper, and draw 2 parallel lines on either side of the arm to measure by.

Increase the bend in the middle of the arm so that those lines would be 1" wider apart.

Put the arm back on.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                    X