X

How do you wave?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wave?

OK, seen many threads about who waves and who doesn't - this is not one of those

Just wondering, how do most of you wave to other bikers. When I'm sitting still at a light or whatever, I'll wave normally. Like the "hey, what's up?" kinda overhand wave.

However, when I'm riding I always give a down low type wave. I just put out my left hand downward with my palm facing backward. I notice many people wave to me that way also, but some give a standard wave whether moving or sitting still.

How do you guys generally wave to other riders?
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

alway use the same wave down low and the peace sign

Comment

Down low but not too slow...
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

When riding I usually stick my arm out almost like if I am signalling a left turn with 2 finger McGuillicutty.

If I am passing someone who is at a light themselves I usually give a head nod.

If I see a Harley rider I usually give em the middle finger.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004

Sometimes another rider will look over at me and just nod his head, to which I will reciprocate in the same manner too. But normally I always give the peace sign.

Comment

Left hand extended out with palm facing forward, or facing down if i'm moving fast. At lights usually a nod, or sometimes a brief conv with a fellow biker.

What I've seen here in NC is that most riders wave back although very few seem to initiate a wave. The most enthusiastic wavers are the ones riding 2 up on HD's, goldwings and other cruisers. They usually give this kinda wave Squids zoomin at 100mph in shorts and a t-shirt consider themselves too cool to wave. Damn locos
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Low wave with peace sign also.
              Current: 1992 Katana 750
              Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

Comment

just a low wave
                with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

i wave like this....

:bigfinger
                  << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                  KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Guess I shoulda mentioned that I give the peace sign also.

When I'm in a turn or any situation where I feel it's best to have both hands on the handlebars I give the old head nod even if the other person waves. No disrespect intended, just don't wave when I don't feel safe.

Just got back from a short ride and there were a number of bikes out probably trying to beat the weather (thunderstorms expected later this afternoon - huge surprise ).

I pulled up behind a Harley at a light and he was in the left side of the lane so I kept a few feet behind him on the right side of the lane. He waved me forward and we had a nice 45 second chat. Can't tell you how he might have waved if we passed in opposite directions, though

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat

When I'm in a turn or any situation where I feel it's best to have both hands on the handlebars I give the old head nod even if the other person waves. No disrespect intended, just don't wave when I don't feel safe.

Just got back from a short ride and there were a number of bikes out probably trying to beat the weather (thunderstorms expected later this afternoon - huge surprise ).

I pulled up behind a Harley at a light and he was in the left side of the lane so I kept a few feet behind him on the right side of the lane. He waved me forward and we had a nice 45 second chat. Can't tell you how he might have waved if we passed in opposite directions, though
                      he probably would've waved like this....

Comment

Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
                        Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat

he probably would've waved like this....

What makes you think everyone waves like you

Comment

Comment

I like the peace sign as well...

But at lights I like to get off my bike jump over traffic and shake another riders hand

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                              Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004

Sometimes another rider will look over at me and just nod his head, to which I will reciprocate in the same manner too. But normally I always give the peace sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X