X

cleaning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning?

do you clean out the grey cawl that goes around the headers? If so how do you do it? I was thinking of taking it to the local pressure washer and doing it there to get all the oil and road grim out of it.

I pulled off mine, sprayed some engine degreaser on it for a min, then wash it off with the hose. It works great. Careful not to get engine degreaser on your paint though. I know its bad, but I sprayed some on it, and it didnt damage the paint (as yet)
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I know this might sound silly, but I clean my bike all the time with baby wipes. I generally keep it pretty clean and it's always in the garage so that probably helps. However, baby wipes seem to get everything off pretty easily without harming the paint. I haven't washed the Kat with water once, but I have been caught in the rain more than a few times
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I've heard people say they use Pledge to clean the plastics on their bikes and it doesn't cause any problems...also they clean the rims with WD40...I've tried that and works out ok...gets easier to clean as more layers of WD40 are applied...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

SludgeAway... Pour on a rag, smear over any oil sludge, wait a minute, rinse with a garden hose. Works a charm. Haven't used it on a painted external surface yet (have used it on swingarms, wheels, chains, inside of the belly pan, etc).

16 oz container comes with the Moose Automatic Chain cleaner (included in the price); you can buy it in gallon sizes as well.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I used WD-40 - actually on the outside as well. But I wouldn't use it on any other fairing (no one really sees the bottom of the lower fairing, so if WD-40 eventually damages it, no biggie). I always wash it thoroughly afterwards, though.
            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Purple Muscle cleaner does alright , too . Spay it on , let it sit a few minutes , then hose off .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Carb Cleaner

I use it for everything from getting grease off my hands to removing that stuff in the belly pan!

Edit: Just a note that if you are going to use it on your hands, make sure you don't have any cuts or anything, becuase it hurts like a somnabiatch!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                  I know this might sound silly, but I clean my bike all the time with baby wipes. I generally keep it pretty clean and it's always in the garage so that probably helps. However, baby wipes seem to get everything off pretty easily without harming the paint. I haven't washed the Kat with water once, but I have been caught in the rain more than a few times
                  Thats a damn good idea,thanks dude..

Comment

Working...
                  X