X

smoked shield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked shield

i installed the front shield over the weekend, but it wasnt a perfect fit...there is a small space between the shield and the frame of the front part...it bothers me a lot, but i dont know if i bought the wrong one (i got it off of ebay and it said it would fit my bike)...if you have one, where did you get yours, i might just have to return the one i have and buy a new one...
    carlos

If it don't fit it's the wrong one, is it Zero Gravity, Lockhart Phillips, or Memphis shades?

Comment

PIT-ECK....the description says it will fit a GSXF 600 or 750 katana...

Comment

yeah, the 600 are 750 are the same part #, but you probably just got a cheap one, I've never heard of PIT-ECK. I really can't tell you what the problem is.

Comment

i actually bought it before i joined KR...thank god that was the only thing i ordered....ever since then, i've gotten a lot of help from members here and they've given me names of places and websites of where to get all the stuff i've gotten for my bike...im glad it was only the shield that didnt fit...learned my lesson though...where did you get yours and what brand is it?? how much did you pay just to have an idea of whats cheap and whats not....
          carlos

Comment

I have a zero gravity dark smoke wind screen I bought from BraadaJim on here for $60 shipped. That really don't help you much, Zero Gravity and Lockhart Phillips are both A1 brands.

Comment

thanks anyways...does anyone know where i could find a shield for my bike (katana gsxf 600 2006), the one that i installed doesnt really fit in the front...there's a gap between the shield and the front part of the bike.
              carlos

Comment

has anyone gotten the front shield tinted instead of buying one?? before i buy another one that fits properly i thought i might ask about it....is it possible to get it tinted (the original one)??

Comment

I'm sure it's possible, I've never tried or heard someone doing it.

Comment

I got my new Zero Gravity from www.newenough.com
                    newenoughhp.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, newenoughhp.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
                      thanks anyways...does anyone know where i could find a shield for my bike (katana gsxf 600 2006), the one that i installed doesnt really fit in the front...there's a gap between the shield and the front part of the bike.
                      carlos
                      Zero Gravity ( A popular brand) also has a small gap.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

i just bought my 95 600 about 2 weeks ago and the guy before had spray painted the inside of my shield black. you abviously cant see through it at all but it looks good (my bike is all black) and when do you look through it anyway.....

i dont know how well tint will stick to plastic..especially with all that wind around it. it might end up looking like one of those '88 civics' tint jobs. ..you know what im talking about. haha.

Comment

yeah, I know what you mean, it might look like one of those rice burners were the guy did the tint "himself"

Comment

Many vendors don't carry the pre-98 replacement windscreens..

I just got my smoked Zero Gravirty screen from BikeBandit.. $54 and some change + shipping

HTH

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by mwysienski
                              i just bought my 95 600 about 2 weeks ago and the guy before had spray painted the inside of my shield black. you abviously cant see through it at all but it looks good (my bike is all black) and when do you look through it anyway.....

i dont know how well tint will stick to plastic..especially with all that wind around it. it might end up looking like one of those '88 civics' tint jobs. ..you know what im talking about. haha.
                              that sounds like a good idea, and i also thought about the tint not looking so good....hey, you never know, i might start a new thing with the tint looking like a 88 civic

Comment

Working...
                              X