X

You knew they had to.... 2010 GSX1250f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott73 View Post
    Thought my 99 Kat was heavy... ouch 567 lbs. Looks nice though.
    The old Katana 1100 weighed 537 lbs. They both use the same tubular frame, the GSX 1250 might also use steel as well, like the old kat.
    In all fairness, an extra 30lbs is not that big a deal considering that it has a modern suspension, abs and above all, are trying to keep the price down. Like I said earlier, if they sold it here, it would be the cheapest liter plus size sport tourer, cheaper than the Concours 14, a good place to be.
    But of course, Suzuki won't bring it here because they think american riders are only interested in race replica bikes that insurance companies laugh at or crappy HD clone bikes for those who lack the $ to get a real HD to pose on. Someone should tell them that there are people who actually like to travel on motorcycles.

Comment

Its finally here !

I know this is an old thread but I just checked out Suzukicycles.com and the new GSX1250FA is finally being sold here in the states. This was going to be my next bike but Ive been seriously considering the Boulevard M109R. Thats one sexy cruiser

Comment

Nice looking bike, even the wheels look like the ones on my '91 kat 1100. If my wife hadn't given me the go ahead to spend $15K on a C14, I'd consider it.

Comment

I like the new gsx1250fa but at 1250cc id expect more hp than the specs say it has I believe it was just over 100 hp
          sigpic
          "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
          "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

but it will probably be a bullet proof motor capable of a lot more.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

true. I guess I just expected more
              sigpic
              "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
              "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Not too shabby
                Lots of 93 katana parts for sale
                Headlight,brake light gauge cluster wheels/rims, coil packs carbs pegs and maybe some more pm for info

Comment

I'm pretty sure Dale Walker has pulled 135-140 horses out of the 1250 engine.

I'd say there's potencial there.

ahem... I was slightly optimistic. lol

Stock vs. Stage 2 with Holeshot 4-2-1 Full System

Run 011 (blue line): 1250 bone stock
                  Run 380 (red line): 1250 with Holeshot 4-2-1 full system, Dale's Stage 2 TFI box tune, O2 bypass module, K&N filter, air box mod, and secondary butterflies removed
                  Last edited by Voided76; 07-12-2011, 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Devinjordan View Post
                    I like the new gsx1250fa but at 1250cc id expect more hp than the specs say it has I believe it was just over 100 hp
                    That's pretty much par for the course. The bandit 1200 (that the 1250 replaced) also made around 100hp stock. This isn't a race-replica, you know. If it were, it would make all of its power near its screaming 13k rpm redline. Look at the dyno chart. Peak power comes in around 7000 RPM.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                      but it will probably be a bullet proof motor capable of a lot more.
                      True. Stock horsepower never really shows the potential output. At some point a smaller engine will exhaust or tap its potential power long before a similar, though larger, engine.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Yeah, the power figure is a little disappointing. So is the styling. It's to my taste but something about it seems old. It looks like a bike that came out back in 2005. Hate to say it but I think the Ninja 1000 is the better machine.
                        Gib mir Benzin
                        Es fliesst durch meine Venen
                        Es schlaeft in meinen Traenen
                        Es laeuft mir aus den Ohren
                        Herz und Nieren sind Motoren [rammstein]

Comment

I'm diggin the Triumph spirit gt... but i'm not upgrading any time soon.

Comment

Not excited about the nasal area, but it looks like an excellent way to lay down some kilometers on the piece. I'd stone it.
                            KatRiders

Comment

I sat on one a while back, it was comfortable. I would love to take it for a ride. The styling is a bit bland.
                              2004 Honda ST1300
                              1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X