Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

AMOS Keith Code course (56k might be slow)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those strips arent off my tire lol, thats from an instructors bike

Comment

Sooo i got to do this course again, this time at MCAS Cherry Point, ill get some photos up later this evening

Comment

part 2, only a few pics, but i got a little more instruction over last time since the coaches knew me from before so i was able to get a little more info and tips than last time. So i was able to get lower, faster, smoother and have a better line than before. Unfortunately due to a lack of ground clearance and my still stretched swing arm i was basically told there is not much else i can learn technically due to the bike, i can only get more consistent.

On a positive note i was able to take the S1000RR down the flight line at mach Jesus, last digits i saw were 134, and sure that isn't incredibly fast but i got there in a hurry.

This Video is doing the drill where after getting a base line 40, 50 and 60mph to 0 as fast as you normally stop, you then do it at the same speeds with front brake only after some coaching on rider position and how to get to max braking the earliest. The first time i reacted and my right foot tapped the front brake making smoke, the second time i was able to stop at 50mph in 25 yards. At 60 i stopped in 42 yds with the back tire coming 4" off the ground for 15 feet or so. There is a radar board telling you your speed and a range finder to determine your distance.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Last edited by Idrivetoys; 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

i'm still trying to figure out where the person that belongs to those shoes is in the top pic of the ducati

looks like a blast....might make someone join to corp just to get to take the classes
          ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
            i'm still trying to figure out where the person that belongs to those shoes is in the top pic of the ducati

looks like a blast....might make someone join to corp just to get to take the classes

the head is next to the handlebar

If you are in the Marine Corps and have not taken advantage of this course you are definitely missing out.

Comment

Good info, Thanks!

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
              Pi rubbed some plastic down and a coach told me i needed to stop riding as if i had more ground clearance.
              In some pics i already had my right leg set correct, for me that's hugged in, if it was out my toe would rub pretty hard

Thanks for writing this up! Very informative for me, now I can see just how much clearance a Katana really has. Like, not so much.
              I'm planning to take a Track Time class myself so, yes again, very informative concerning what kind of ground clearance I should be ready for, and that I should position my butt way over inside.
              Bill
              Also, I like the color choices you have on your bike.

Comment

keep in mind im also lowered 1.5 up front and 2.5 in the rear and with a stretch the leverage is increased in the rear making my shock/spring worthless almost

Comment

I was planning on hitting up one of the classes at the end of the month, but I decided to take some leave instead.

Were you at Cpl's Course recently?
                  Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hegmann1391 View Post
                    I was planning on hitting up one of the classes at the end of the month, but I decided to take some leave instead.

Were you at Cpl's Course recently?

yeah my class just graduated tuesday down here at Camp Johnson, as for the AMOS course i believe this tuesday/wednesday is the last east coast course they are doing.

Comment

Yeah, I've had the dates saved for over two months now.
                      Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Working...
                      X