X

1st Long Ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Long Ride

Well after months of work, and waiting, finally got in a good long ride. 367 miles, and not one mechanical problem popped up. Bike ran great without a hitch, and really surprised me.

Now the bad part, while parking whens topped to eat lunch, was backing it in to parking spot. The ole body decided to give me a wake up call. Right knee blew out, and bike went down. Damage was minimal. scraped the lower right fairing, and a small trickle of gas came out tank and lifted the clear. The surprising thing where the gas hit the upper right no damage, but lifted the paint on the tank. Who knows? Broken brake elver, but already replaced. Just a quick 30 mile side trip to brothers and it was taken care of. So the proverbial 1st drop is done and over with, with a minimal amount of damage.

The worse part is I think may of torn cartilage again. Did I go home? no
    Hospital? no, kept right on riding. Home now and hurts like hell. But truthfully who cares after todays ride.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

sorry to hear of the injury

might be wise to see a doctor
    You're Welcome,
    - The Social Invalid

Comment

History of knee problems. Not gonna spend what's left of riding season laid up from surgery. When it gets cold.
      Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

Comment

Glad you had a good ride Dale. If I was able to come with you and your brother I would have. Maybe this weekend we can get together and go riding.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I am game, would love to put a couple hunderd miles in next weekend also.

Comment

The clear that was used on the tank was either:
            (A) Not fully cured (such as if it was sprayed in the last few weeks OR if someone waxed it before it finished curing -- let the clear always cure for at least a couple months, IMHO); OR
            (B) Was not automotive-grade high-end clear (they make different clear compounds depending on how much fuel/oil/etc resistance you want -- the factory clear and the good aftermarket stuff is really highly fuel resistant).

Sorry to hear about your knee.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

A good ride will make ALOT of stupid things seem not so bad .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Cyber I have to agree. Wass just a temporary paint to have bike looking nice. I used dupli-color to clear everything. Come winter the plastics come off for repaint using color rite products.

On a side note, short trip to doc this morning resulted in the typical "Ya knee needs surgery, apparently the cartilage is torn again and will need to be removed to lessen the pain." I pleaded and begged got me a steroid injection to stave off the surgery till mid-winter.

And in reply to the doctor's question "Was this all worth it to ride the bike?" I replied "Hell yes."

Comment

that a boy why go to the hospital when you can ride....

Comment

glad you got to break her in dale. sorry about the knee. if I ever get any time off from work I'd love to tag along with you guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X