Lowered my 600 this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
    Wow that looks cool too.
    I thought mine sat low, but yours is way low.
    I like the pipe.
    Richard
    Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
    I think they look really sweet lowered. Particularly that white/blue post!
    Thanks I put a lot of pride in my bike.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    Kats can and do look good low to the ground, and when done right, they can look real nice with a little stretch to them as well. I've had both done to mine over the past few years. To be quite honest, I thought my bike looked frickin' kick azz when it was lowered and stretched...but the modifications done just weren't for me. When I say 'weren't for me', I should say 'didn't fit my riding style.' I like riding hard and railing corners and doing trackdays...so you can imagine how I felt about my 'looks good' mods at that point...they had to go. It's all in the hands of the rider and what he considers his style of 'riding'.
    I agree with you, I like to lift and lower my bike to accommodate riding conditions. But yea all up to the rider and how they ride.
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
      Kats can and do look good low to the ground, and when done right, they can look real nice with a little stretch to them as well. I've had both done to mine over the past few years. To be quite honest, I thought my bike looked frickin' kick azz when it was lowered and stretched...but the modifications done just weren't for me. When I say 'weren't for me', I should say 'didn't fit my riding style.' I like riding hard and railing corners and doing trackdays...so you can imagine how I felt about my 'looks good' mods at that point...they had to go. It's all in the hands of the rider and what he considers his style of 'riding'.
      Considering I am becoming more the "hard and railing corners" type the more confidence I gain, does anyone think I could benefit from dropping the center stand and shortening the wheel base?
      sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Originally posted by kata-tat-tat View Post
        Considering I am becoming more the "hard and railing corners" type the more confidence I gain, does anyone think I could benefit from dropping the center stand and shortening the wheel base?
        Wheelbase is a moot point...tightening it up will help in cornering, but also sacrifice some of that cushy touring suspension it has. I lost my centerstand loooong ago. They are great for maintenance standards, but I put spools on my swingarm and rarely do long enough trips to worry about needing to do roadside maintenance or repairs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'll chime in a little late, but I have had mine lowered for 2 years now and still enjoy it. I do have to keep my eye out for things, especially speed bumps. I also have an aftermarket exhaust header which scrapes the most now. here is a pic from a while back.

riding 2 up is a different story. I have to make right turns slowly, and I even bottom out on the interstate a few times. otherwise... Ive enjoyed it and get plenty of compliments.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
          X