Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice... I did mine too. I love it
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

4 inches??? Yikes! Quite the drop. I lowered mine about 1.5 when I had it and my CBR only 3 inches. Careful with the pegs on those turns!

Comment

damn ... are y'all midget

sorry no offence intended .... but y'all need to be like what 5' tall ?
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBrett View Post
          Nice... I did mine too. I love it
          Wow that looks cool too.
          I thought mine sat low, but yours is way low.
          I like the pipe.
          Richard
          96 Suzuki GSX750F
          89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
          05 Yamaha WR450F
          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

i need to lower mine too but just a bit. im thinking like 1.5 inches. im just a short guy, 5'6". i reach just a little more than my toes. front end was already lowered by about an inch when i got the bike, so im good there. but i think id be more comfortable with an inch or so lowered in the rear as well. any advice as how to go about it with out getting into anything complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Btech~ View Post
              i need to lower mine too but just a bit. im thinking like 1.5 inches. im just a short guy, 5'6". i reach just a little more than my toes. front end was already lowered by about an inch when i got the bike, so im good there. but i think id be more comfortable with an inch or so lowered in the rear as well. any advice as how to go about it with out getting into anything complicated?

yea i was thinking like a 1-2 inch lowering, but got worried when i was told it's gonna adversely effect my turning

Comment

Originally posted by smartz06 View Post
                Lowering a kat is a bad idea, and on top of that it ruins the ride.
                I lowered mine 2" and it rides fine and looks much better IMO and others. Why is it such a BAD IDEA? How does it RUIN the ride. Mine rides just as smooth as it did before.

Last edited by 06katanarider; 05-06-2010, 09:30 PM.
                R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Originally posted by 06katanarider View Post
                  I lowered mine 2" and it rides fine and looks much better IMO and others. Why is it such a BAD IDEA? How does it RUIN the ride. Mine rides just as smooth as it did before.

The simple of it...

1. Your in florida... you ride on flat, straight roads... there isn't a whole lot of suspension feedbad on flat straight roads.

2. When you lower any vehicle, you are decreasing the suspension travel range. Many times this = less performance, as is the case with these bikes.

3. Cheap drops (just links and sliding the forks upward) do not take any steps to counter with approriate suspension mods... new shocks/springs, better dampening, etc... So you make the stock sucky suspentions react worse to road input.

4. Alot of people react negatively on this board to decisions that are counter to the purpose and desing of the product. Your on a sport bike... and lowering it is like lowering a 4X4, or jacking up a corvette and putting big mud tires on it. It's counter to the design, and doesn't work as well when your "half-assing" it with cheap mods. I myself have very fond memories of my uncles best friend and his 1978 general lee painted corvette that was jacked up 4 feet with 38" rims and mud tires, with a 4X4 drive train. It sucked in the mud, but man... it was Rednek COOL...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i dont want to mod my suspension... i just want to be able to touch the ground a little better for comfort and control when im at a stop.
                    i was thinking turning the spring tensioner on the mono shock down a little bit or something, but that may affect the ride. so, idk... if i cant find a decent way to lower my bike just an inch then ill just leave er the way she is.

ha! the wife said i should wear boots with heels! hahaha thats one way to fix the problem i suppose. :P
                    Last edited by ~Btech~; 05-06-2010, 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

looks good man!!!
                      1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
                      2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

The simple of it...

1. Your in florida... you ride on flat, straight roads... there isn't a whole lot of suspension feedbad on flat straight roads.

2. When you lower any vehicle, you are decreasing the suspension travel range. Many times this = less performance, as is the case with these bikes.

3. Cheap drops (just links and sliding the forks upward) do not take any steps to counter with approriate suspension mods... new shocks/springs, better dampening, etc... So you make the stock sucky suspentions react worse to road input.

4. Alot of people react negatively on this board to decisions that are counter to the purpose and desing of the product. Your on a sport bike... and lowering it is like lowering a 4X4, or jacking up a corvette and putting big mud tires on it. It's counter to the design, and doesn't work as well when your "half-assing" it with cheap mods. I myself have very fond memories of my uncles best friend and his 1978 general lee painted corvette that was jacked up 4 feet with 38" rims and mud tires, with a 4X4 drive train. It sucked in the mud, but man... it was Rednek COOL...

Krey
                        wished i had a 4x4 corvette btw bike looks good dropped

Comment

Originally posted by ~Btech~ View Post
                          i dont want to mod my suspension... i just want to be able to touch the ground a little better for comfort and control when im at a stop.
                          i was thinking turning the spring tensioner on the mono shock down a little bit or something, but that may affect the ride. so, idk... if i cant find a decent way to lower my bike just an inch then ill just leave er the way she is.

ha! the wife said i should wear boots with heels! hahaha thats one way to fix the problem i suppose. :P
                          There are decent alternatives where you can lower the bike and still keep or even improve the ride. Remember, the stock setup is pretty much suck right out of the box.

I know of atleast one member who used a r6 shock that lowered his rear about 3/4" and performs better than the stock shock. It may not be optimal option for what COULD be done, but it's better than what was on there.

That said... Tmod does good work on Kat suspensions (well, any bike for that matter) so if you consult with him... you may find that he can offer reasonable priced options to go with lowering the bike to give you the best of both worlds. A re-valved post 750 shock, with a spring appropriate to the lowering links leverage and rider weight would go a long long ways towards making it a good ride.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I think they look really sweet lowered. Particularly that white/blue post!
                            I invite you to church.

Comment

Kats can and do look good low to the ground, and when done right, they can look real nice with a little stretch to them as well. I've had both done to mine over the past few years. To be quite honest, I thought my bike looked frickin' kick azz when it was lowered and stretched...but the modifications done just weren't for me. When I say 'weren't for me', I should say 'didn't fit my riding style.' I like riding hard and railing corners and doing trackdays...so you can imagine how I felt about my 'looks good' mods at that point...they had to go. It's all in the hands of the rider and what he considers his style of 'riding'.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

watch those speed bumps

Comment

Working...
                                X