X

FRONT SPROCKET CHANGE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRONT SPROCKET CHANGE

instead of changing my rear sprocket on my 2006 750 kat from a 45 to a 42 tooth i think i will change my front sprocket from the stock 15 to a 16 tooth.....my goal is to reduce rpms at highway speed to increase fuel mileage.....will this work ok?....front sprockets cost half of what rear sprockets do so thats why i wanna change the front....anybosy got any suggestions on front sprockets and the size i need or where to get them cheap?...thanks
    I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Thanks to reconstyle for posting my webpage...

Meanwhile, odds are that it will not net you any significant increase in mileage to move to a 16 tooth front, unless you do an extreme amount of flat-level interstate riding. Slowing down by 10 mph would net you a far larger savings in fuel costs, and doesn't require any mods.
      Keeping your tires at ideal pressure for your weight, and keeping the chain heavily oiled (not waxed) will also improve your fuel mileage.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Thanks to reconstyle for posting my webpage...
        Hopefully that's sarcasm, sorry for not citing my suorce....
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

i agree thyat i should slow down but in my line of work time is everything. i would just like it to reduce the rpms a bit at highway speeds as i spend about 60-70% of my time on the open road.

Comment

i do not understand that chart....lol....i am also told my stock rear is a 45 and not a 47......what would it do to my bike by using a 16 front and leaving a stock rear?

Comment

OK, to stop the whining and complaints, I have set up another webpage specific to the 45-tooth stock rear Kats (GSX750F in certain markets/years):
              CyberPoet's "45-tooth stock" rear sprocket ratios. I also put a link on the 47-tooth table page (& visa-versa) so you can jump from one to the other.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Changing a tooth on the front sprocket will only drop your rpm's a couple hundred . Silimar to slowing down a few mph really . Yeah , it'd HELP , but probably not as much as you HOPE .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

what about going up two teeth on the front and not just one?....would that be better?

Comment

But would it fit in there without hittin the neutral wire or anything .......
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X