X

Is this a good deal on a new Kat 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal on a new Kat 750?

A dealer right by my house has 2 black 2006 750 Kat's for sale at $5,999.00 each. He says they are even lower than invoice. I am seriously thinking of buying one, I used to have a 600 years ago, and I think the 750 will be just a little bit more quicker and more to my liking. I love the look and comfort of these bikes, not to mention the speed.

sounds like a great deal I paid 5800 for my2006 600.
    Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

Cheapest I have heard of, especially around here.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thats a great deal...got my 2006 Black Kat 750 for $6950 OTD...
        Make sure you get a OTD (Out The Door) price though...lots of dealers start adding BS into the final amount. I had one dealer that wanted to charge me $400 to move a 2006 Kat from one of their other dealerships, that was about 40 miles away. We laughed, and the left. They called it a destination fee.
        Hope you get one, I love mine, it's a great bike.

Wishing everyone on KR the very best 8)

Comment

They said there was about a $120 dealer fee and tax on the bike, so I guess that would be a little more, but it still sounds good to me.

Comment

Sounds like a really good price if there's no more BS attached. Where are you located ?
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

I paid $6,900 and she was delivered to my house 50 miles away, in the snow. Plus she is covered totally of any problems for 5 years. Then at the end of it, I get the money back if it doesn't have any problems.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Re: Is this a good deal on a new Kat 750?

Originally posted by CGuner
                A dealer right by my house has 2 black 2006 750 Kat's for sale at $5,999.00 each. He says they are even lower than invoice.
                Lower than invoice a year ago.
                It's a good deal on a brand new bike, but you should be able to haggle a little -- ask for the 4-year extended Suzuki warrantee (about $400 -- pay for it, in part because it's transferable once to the next owner [greatly increases resale value]), then get him to throw in the full 600 mile service for free, and wrap up that deal.

BUT KNOW THIS:
                The instant you ride that bike, it's value falls to what any other 06 would be (i.e. - the same as someone who bought theirs in November of '05), which is $4500 private sale, $5950 mint-condition dealer sale right now.
                you can get most dealers to give you a significant discount on accessories at time of a bike purchase. My dealer gave me 50% off back in '01, and I went crazy, because I knew there were things that I wanted that he was losing money on (from Givi Bags to cases of oil). Needless to say, they changed their small print since then

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm in the sunny south Florida area, good riding weather year round. I will definately ask him to throw in the 600 mile service and discount on merchandise if I get the extended warranty, that is a great idea! It works out to both of our advantages, excellent thinking. I could tell from talking to him that they are dying to get rid of the last of these Kat's because they are 06's and if they don't sell them now, he said they will have to mark them down a whole lot more come 6-12 months from now since they are discontinued (at least that's what he told me). I was at the dealer today and sat on it and looked at it for a while, it is sweet

Comment

Which dealership is it? I might be able to recommend an alternative dealer that can drive a better price...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you have that kind of cash walk in with it in a clip and say $5999 OTB taxes included. Thats what I did with my snowmobile, well after 5 min of the managers talking it was mine. Just had to go back after a few days to pick it up.

Comment

It's Broward Motorsports in Davie. I called a couple other dealers in the area, and they all gave me the same story, they are selling them at or below invoice since they are left over 06's, but they are brand new.

Comment

Tell them $5999 OTR (on the road) and you've got a deal. That means it includes tax, tags, registration. Then add in the extended Suzuki (not aftermarket!) warrantee -- if they'll throw in the first service.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Tell them $5999 OTR (on the road) and you've got a deal. That means it includes tax, tags, registration. Then add in the extended Suzuki (not aftermarket!) warrantee -- if they'll throw in the first service.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            That's exactly what I will do, thanks Poet. I know you responded to my other post, I am still shopping and looking at 2 other bikes, but this advise is great advise for any bike I buy. Thanks.

Comment

Well even though I need to ride them, after much research, I've decided on the ZZR600. Sorry Kat Riders, I do love Kats, I was a former owner, I think this is the bike I was looking for. Now to just find a good deal...they MSRP for $7,299. I will definately use your advice though Poet.

Comment

Working...
                              X