No announcement yet.
X

Power Loss When Warm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tightening the air box boot clamps seems to have done the trick. However, it is back to not wanting to start when hot. I can pop start and it cranks fine when hot, but it will not start electrically until the engine cools a bit.

Comment

I would ohm out your coils when its warm. When my coils went out, they would stop sparking at operating temperature.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
        I would ohm out your coils when its warm. When my coils went out, they would stop sparking at operating temperature.
        Yeah, but they spark fine when pop-starting hot and when running. I was thinking more like something to do with fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleKing View Post

In all seriousness, I do not like the way the Kat looks at all, but I love it as my commuter bike.
          Is it stock ?
          I change the parts I thought needed attention and now I think its better looking than 90+% bikes on the road.
          I'm lowered 1 1/4"
          Rim swap with bigger tires
          blacked out forks and levers
          tossed the license plate lamp over hang and filled in the holes, got a LED frame.
          Gold accents: Chain, sprocket, valve stems, rim stickers
          screw on gas cap
          Kat eye turn signals
          frame sliders
          Pod air filters, yes... you can see them.
          blue head light

I admit, it makes me feel good when I meet people that look down on katanas, and all of a sudden they change their mind.
          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

+1 with my suspension modifications, and my personal touch, I get compliments almost every time I go out in public. When I first got the thing, I had a bit of buyers remorse cuz it seemed kinda ugly. Ive managed to fix that over the years with minor things here and there. ditched the hideous mirrors, i got it with the shovel chop, lifted the rear, dropped the front, added some color and even with the shitty paint job, i get people going out of their way to approach me and compliment it. Like Ive said before, that yoshi pipe is a real head turner too.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I was wondering if anybody could help me out today I have a 2006 750 katana I live in South Florida I brought it to my mechanic and he said it has lost 30 horsepower its running at about 60 horsepower when they normally run at 90 if anybody could please help I would appreciate it also it only has fourteen thousand miles on it so I am not sure of the problem if
              anybody could help I would appreciate it

Comment

I've not read this entire thread, but I assume it couldn't provide helpful details It may be best to start your own thread. Anyway, How does your mechanic know for certain that it lost 30hp ? Did he put it on a Dyno ? Did you do a compression test ? Is the oil full ? Do the valves chatter ? Does it seem to over heat ? Its a oil cooled bike, if it over heats it will loss some power when its hot. Try not to let it idle in place too long with out air flow. Do a compression test when its cool, hot, dry and wet to see if your cylinders are ok. Also, does the bike idle right ? Does it back fire at all ? Do the carbs burp / hiccup ?
                My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
                X