No announcement yet.
X

Need Help with Idle Mixture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle bounce? 99.999999% do, if they aren't meant for multi carbs vehicles. I had a Datsun 260z that I used those gauges on. Because datsun sync tools suck.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post

Nice try won't work on a bike without modification. Morgan tube or factory pro are awesome sync tools, and you WILL use it more than once. I use mine as part of my maintenance tasks even if it is just an inspection and no adjustment needed.
      yes I agree if you can save up the money and get a good one do it it will help out a lot I've used it .about 6 maybe 8 times in the last 2 weeks while working on my bike and it helps tremendously and I know in the future I'm going to have to use it again

Needle bounce? 99.999999% do, if they aren't meant for multi carbs vehicles. I had a Datsun 260z that I used those gauges on. Because datsun sync tools suck.
      I just put a small kink in the hose and control the air flow that way I'm not necessarily saying he should do this just that if he's on a budget it's better than nothing
      Last edited by magman; 05-29-2015, 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by magman View Post
        I just put a small kink in the hose and control the air flow that way I'm not necessarily saying he should do this just that if he's on a budget it's better than nothing
        FYI a pilot jet stuck in the hose restricts vac perfectly.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

FYI a pilot jet stuck in the hose restricts vac perfectly.
          Nice tip I never even thought about that thanks

Comment

I think I'll save up and get the Morgan Carbtune at some point. It isn't that much more than the Emgo, but it has much better reviews.
            2006 Katana 750 (GSX750F)
            Previous Rides:
            1985 Honda VF1100S V65 Sabre
            1980 Yamaha XS850LG Midnight Special
            2004 Kawasaki EX250R (Ninja 250)

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny750 View Post
              Anybody got a suggestion for reasonably priced carb syncing equipment? Was looking at the Emgo one, but was hoping there might be something cheaper.

Here is a bad idea, why can't I just link the vacuum ports on my carbs together? Then they will all have equal vacuum.
              Ebay Carbtune

Grabbed one off my local Craigslist for $50 before I ever even had a bike. Great tool to have around and use regularly.

Originally posted by Lenny750 View Post
              I think I'll save up and get the Morgan Carbtune at some point. It isn't that much more than the Emgo, but it has much better reviews.
              If you are making a trip north any time soon you would be welcome to use my Carbtune. Doesn't take all that long to do. You could also join PNWRiders. I know there are a few well equipped riders in Vancouver/Portland who might have a Carbtune or Motion Pro you could use.
              Last edited by skjeflo; 05-30-2015, 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
              X