X

"New" bike - 96 GSXR 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" bike - 96 GSXR 750

It has a polished frame and swingarm, black wheels with a chrome lip, chrome pegs,chrome gas, oil, and brake fluid cap. yoshi full header back exhaust. carbs just got synched and jetted. new tuneup, oil change. polished stator case cover. the head is ported and polished. race valves and carbs. black zero gravity windscreen. brand new tires.up 1 down 2 vortex sprockets, rk 525 chain, k&n filter,new brakes. the bike will start on it's own sometimes and sometimes it needs to be push started. i have been told it's the fuel pump which is less than 100 dollars on ebay. i had the fuel pump bypassed, so i could drive it around so it is drivable just runs lean cause of not enough fuel. Anyone have a repair manual for one of these? It came w/ a set of race plastics also. Anyone know a good place for parts on an older bike?
    Attached Files

I hope you get her back to snuff. The bike definitely has potential. Someone else posted tonight about fiberglass parts that you might want to take a look at.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I like it, looks good...just need a new tank? For parts, I go to ebay or try a bike junkyard...you'll be surprise on some of the parts they have available and it doesn't hurt to try.
      My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

Love the bike I got a 98 gixxer 600, I got a manual from gixxer.com check it out. Ebay got loads of parts for our bike and you can find some cheap good deals

Comment

Jeremiah, I love the yellow. I joined gixxer.com already as jday240 also. I guess I need to buy a membership to get the manual for it. Can you send me detailed pics of your bike from different angles especially under the seat. My seat just "sits" there and isn't attached by anything. PM for email.

Comment

You don't need the Red R to get the manual. It comes and goes though. Someone finds it hosted and posts the link, but at some point the link will go dead.

And here it is...

Posted on this thread.

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
            My seat just "sits" there and isn't attached by anything. PM for email.
            The main seat? It slides under a bar almost up against the tank with the plastic tab and then screws in on each back corner.
            Last edited by paradoxmd; 09-09-2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Long Live the D

Comment

paradoxmd thanks for the link.

Comment

don't run that bike lean, you'll blow it up. get a fuel pump asap.

Comment

In the process of getting a pump now.

Comment

sweet bike bro .. hope to get something like it one of these days .. have fun
                    so many roads so little time

Comment

Working...
                    X