Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power coating Rims

What are the pros and cons of powercoating Rims
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Pros: Looks great, Lasts a long time, very durable.

Cons: High Cost, hard to find a place to do it, not easily changed, Have to be without wheels for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by plupien79 View Post
      Pros: Looks great, Lasts a long time, very durable.

Cons: High Cost, hard to find a place to do it, not easily changed, Have to be without wheels for a few days.
      Yep..what he said. I will do a set of rims for $100. That does NOT include labor (prep work such as sandblasting).

If you had your rims ready to coat (sand blasted with aluminum oxide) and all I had to do was wash them down, coat and cure them, I would charge $100 even (you pay shipping though)
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Had mine done at a place in Piqua, Ohio. Charged me $100 a wheel. Any color. All I had to do was pull out the bearings. The sandblasting was included. Just had my second set done. I paint for a living and to me it's worth the money. The prep work sucks on a wheel like that, the finish is much more durable than paint, and I they do a beautiful job. If you want the name and phone number of the place I had them done, I can get that for you. Just let me know. Don't know what shipping would be, and there may be a place closer to you that would do just as good of a job for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by pole kat View Post
          Had mine done at a place in Piqua, Ohio. Charged me $100 a wheel. Any color. All I had to do was pull out the bearings. The sandblasting was included. Just had my second set done. I paint for a living and to me it's worth the money. The prep work sucks on a wheel like that, the finish is much more durable than paint, and I they do a beautiful job. If you want the name and phone number of the place I had them done, I can get that for you. Just let me know. Don't know what shipping would be, and there may be a place closer to you that would do just as good of a job for the same price.
          Thank you for the information I have a place in mind in fact my bike is there getting service I might have them do the power coating just trying to get some input on power coating
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
          X