paint choice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint choice

what type of paint do you recommend?
    my name is pablo I come from mexico I work at texaco I earn a dollar each day.
    I go home to lucy she gives me some ** she earns a dollar each day.

welll its all matters on whats your painting and your budget and if your doing it yourself or someone else is doing it.... check out

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

that will give you alot of paint color options an they have paint kits...and their prices are pretty fair IMO you have your choice of acrylics like enamel, Lacquer or urethane.....it matters on budget...enamel is easiest to work with...lacquer IMO gives a longer lasting gloss and urethane is better for parts that might flex more than normal.... give alittle details on what you want to do..if your doing it or a shop is doing it and estimate a budget..that will help with giving you a better idea...an everything i have said is just IMO others might say otherwise...im going from personal experience
    My computer Tech job in miramichi,nb,canada
    Adaptive Office Solutions

Comment

What are you wanting to paint?

Comment

my plastics
        my name is pablo I come from mexico I work at texaco I earn a dollar each day.
        I go home to lucy she gives me some ** she earns a dollar each day.

Comment

Originally posted by audio_barren View Post
          my plastics
          I used Dupli-color wheel paint. It is made for metal rims or plastic hubcaps. All you have to do is scuff up with a 320 grit wet sand. Wipe clean and spray. I put on 5 coats of color and 2 of clear. I will post pics once they get back on the bike. They came out great.
          3 cans(color) for the whole bike @ $5.39 a can at advanced.
          1 can clear same price.

Good luck and post your pics when you are done.
          1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
          Bone stock
          Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

Yeah like others said depends on what you are doin. Personaly I only use PPG and will only do HVLP gun. BUt thats me costs more but better quality stuff then a rattle can.

Here is my supply cost although I already have the gun and air compressor and filters , I am also doing the whole bike

Devilbis HVLP - 400$
            PPG color, primer, clear - 350$
            Sand paper grits from 200 to 2000 - 50$
            Air compressor, filters, lines, - 600$
            Plasitic trouble repair - 100$
            Spongejetting of all pieces: frame, swingar, plastic, etc - Free (only cause my friend works for them, but would have cost me a couple of hundred bucks easily)
            Total - est 1500$

or several cans of duplicolor paint and sandpaper for what 100 to 200$ at most......
            Last edited by creepinghunter; 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

where can i buy paint to match the original colour(burgundy)? my bike is primed, and the guy is having trouble matching the original..... I'd really like it to be done before riding season!!

Comment

Google Colorrite

Comment

Before Pic:

After Pic:

I need to paint the tank and front fender, I also got carbon fiber vinyl to recover the seat.

Let me know what you think.
                  1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
                  Bone stock
                  Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

thanks for colorrite, but i've tried that... the problem i'm having is finding someplace in Canada that will sell it for less than 250 bucks a pint!!

Comment

Go to a shop that does colour matching. Take the 3rd eye fairing with you and they will put it under the camera to find a match. One of the larger NAPA / UAP stores will probably have one.
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by oscar35a View Post
                        thanks for colorrite, but i've tried that... the problem i'm having is finding someplace in Canada that will sell it for less than 250 bucks a pint!!
                        where in Canada are you?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

woodstock, near london

ontario...
                          Last edited by oscar35a; 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by oscar35a View Post
                            woodstock, near london

ontario...
                            get me a paint code and I can price out some paint for you.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

ok... it is Candy Academy Maroon, colorrite codes - top 4470, base 1498

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X