Boots are expensive? GRAPHIC NSFW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That actually hurts to look at...
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      That actually hurts to look at...
      Dude, I right there with you on that... that's just ugly. And it makes me want to go out and buy some boots. It reminds me of when I was in tech school in the Air Force and all of the pictures of people injuring themselves on the flight line wearing rings.
      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

I dropped my Fz1 four weeks ago. The bike did not have too much damage, but my steel toe boots were wore down to the metal. I was wearing a mesh jacket with padding, and gloves. The jacket had no damage. My elbow had a nasty rub-burn, from rubbling the inside of my jacket. People ask me why I wear a jacket when it's 90-100 degrees outside. Now I truly know why. I beg my parents and brother to wear some gear. (Harley riders) I told my mom that no one will want to hug her if she has road rash on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by dayzeedawg View Post
          I dropped my Fz1 four weeks ago. The bike did not have too much damage, but my steel toe boots were wore down to the metal. I was wearing a mesh jacket with padding, and gloves. The jacket had no damage. My elbow had a nasty rub-burn, from rubbling the inside of my jacket. People ask me why I wear a jacket when it's 90-100 degrees outside. Now I truly know why. I beg my parents and brother to wear some gear. (Harley riders) I told my mom that no one will want to hug her if she has road rash on her face.
          I just bought a mess jacket with pads, but it's been so hot in Florida that I haven't wore it yet. You bring up a good point and from what someone stated in an earlier post, it cannot help protect you if it's in a closet...
          2014 Ducati Monster 1200

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
            Dude, I right there with you on that... that's just ugly. And it makes me want to go out and buy some boots. It reminds me of when I was in tech school in the Air Force and all of the pictures of people injuring themselves on the flight line wearing rings.
            Yeah, ring avulsions are nasty stuff. I had a patient once who had done that very thing. -He had caught it in a drill press. I have never worn a ring since that day.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I shattered my left fibula ( and tibia ) just above my ankle crashing into the boards feet first playing hockey 16 years ago. My bones didn't pop through my skin like that but it hurt like hell anyway. Nothing a good orthopedic surgeon couldn't fix up. I have a stainless steel plate and 10 screws in my leg. I took a 4 year sabatical from the game and then went back for 7 more seasons. He'll ride again but I'd say he's out for the rest of the summer at least.
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, ring avulsions are nasty stuff. I had a patient once who had done that very thing. -He had caught it in a drill press. I have never worn a ring since that day.
                Ya, I worked QA at several bases in aircraft maintenance and to today I still don't wear rings.
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200

Comment

F**k you, Nero! I just ran a google image search for "ring avulsion" to see what you are talking about. I think I'm officially scarred for life, and it's all your fault.

Funny thing, it wasn't that long ago that I saw a person who had jumped out of a tall building, and that didn't bother me....... but those ring avulsions made me feel queasy.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

heh, ive seen too much funky **** on the internet. that stuff doesnt bother me anymore...but sure as hell raises a big warning sign
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      F**k you, Nero! I just ran a google image search for "ring avulsion" to see what you are talking about. I think I'm officially scarred for life, and it's all your fault.

Funny thing, it wasn't that long ago that I saw a person who had jumped out of a tall building, and that didn't bother me....... but those ring avulsions made me feel queasy.
                      Yeah, it's nasty stuff. Thing is, you don't even have to be working on machinery to get one. I've heard of people getting one when they slipped and fell. That's why I don't feel the need to wear one.

Don't look up "De-gloving" either.
                      =USAF= Retired

Comment

I need to stop reading these posts...
                        In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

ouch

ok where can i get boots in us size 15 wide or 16? the timberlands just dont cut it, but i cant find riding boots that are big enough. any sugestions?:bunny2

Comment

Yeah, it's nasty stuff. Thing is, you don't even have to be working on machinery to get one. I've heard of people getting one when they slipped and fell. That's why I don't feel the need to wear one.

Not cool... Degloving is GROSS TOO!!!
                            1991 Katana 750 (Red) (sold)
                            2007 GSXR 600

Comment

HAHAHA. I know what De-gloving is, but don't want to check out the pics.

I always take off my rind when working with tools, but you are right, it can happen any time. I have caught mine on things just walking around the house. I actually flattened it catching a softball one time. Had to pry it open again to get it off.

Comment

Man that pic makes me want to put on my boots even just riding down the street. I certainly don't do long trips without them, but geez, I rode in tennis shoes today...my ankle already hurts.
                                Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
                                X