X

New level acquired.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New level acquired.

I moved over to that other group of riders today. From the ones that haven't gone down yet to the ones that did go down.
    And in a quite noobish fashion for that matter too. I stopped at a local coffee house and after a good caffeine shot, walked back to my bike, put on my helmet and gloves, started her up, and away I was. Well not quite. Only then did I remember the disc lock. At least my face color matched the bike.
    There are some minor scratches on the fairing and crack case cover, and a slightly bent clutch lever (guess those race style levers will be coming sooner than planned).
    Two guys came to help pick up the bike, and then went on with their business as if nothing had happened. It was so nice of them to do that.
    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Oops.

Glad it was just an oops, not an oh sh*t.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Glad to hear youre safe man. I've only had the inopportunity to drop my bike when it isn't moving [success!], but I know the pain and I'm happy that you're able to tell us what happened still. I'm scared of moving over to that percent

Comment

Welcome to our side! ....a full-face helmet can hide a lot of shame.....ummm....don't ask me how I know.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

One of the more gentle ways to join the group of riders who have gone down.
          '94 Katana 600
          '93 Mazda RX-7

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
          ― Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Welcome to te other side. It's not that bad over here. Also glad to hear u and the bike are more or less ok
            ----USMC combat vet----
            07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              Welcome to our side! ....a full-face helmet can hide a lot of shame.....ummm....don't ask me how I know.

I'm on this side too. I went down at a low speed after looking very cool riding thru a parking lot. Sand in the intersection...
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I was bound to come over to the other side sooner or later. Good thing I did it at 5mph. But something tells me it probably won't be the last time either.
                Yeah, turns out that helmet is good for more than just protection from impacts.

Good thing is, I didn't put the emblems on the bike yet and it seems they will hide most of the cosmetic damage.
                Oh and the lock isn't usable any more. Was lucky to get it off with just two kicks.
                Last edited by ErrEs; 09-13-2012, 05:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

If you ever get another disk lock don't forget to include the cord that you put in your ignition as a reminder that it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by expvet View Post
                    If you ever get another disk lock don't forget to include the cord that you put in your ignition as a reminder that it is on.
                    Yeah, I really should've gotten one right away but you how it goes.. Thàt won't happen to me.

sigpic

Comment

...Also did the disclock thing but lucky i only skidded for a foot ,my biggest moment was out side my work's gate ,i was locking up got on the bike fired up and for some reason i stood up (coz i can been tall) trying to put keys in my pants pocket,the bike rolled into a little dip (a resurfaced road dip),this caused my feet to move back wards as i grabbed the left grip with my hand ,my right foot lost the war with the floor and let go.This then started the fall to the left,i placed my right hand onto the grip to press the brake,still couldn't move my left foot forwards without loosing the war over gravity,and in the blink of an eye i knew i lost,all i could do was do a controlled fall to the floor and start over again.Down we went,switched off crawlled out and swore alot!....picked the bike up (lucky i have pannier racks fitted good grab handles), moved to flatter ground and recollected my thoughts...scratched the GSXF badge, bar end and the foot peg.....so there ya go my little accident!.....happy motoring
                      I'm outa here

Comment

Yeah. So many pitfalls out there for us riders. We learn everytime we encounter one, the easy way or the hard way.

sigpic

Comment

Someone suggested this to me after I basically did the same thing when I was leaving work one night. I picked it up on Ebay for a couple bucks and never looked back. It's the same idea as a tether, except it doesn't leave a (ugly) cord hanging off your bike.

Reminder key for disc lock users, motorcycle accessory that will stop you riding off with your disc lock still attached.
                          Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                            That looks interesting, thanks. I ordered one just now. For that price there's no harm in trying it out.

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the dark side...err...I mean this side of the falls. And for those that haven't had the chance to join us, remember, we have the cookies.

Comment

Working...
                              X