X

Decent wide angle camera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent wide angle camera

Has anybody found a decent wide angle sports camera for not a lot of money?
    The GoPro, Contour, or Drift is a bit out of my price range. I see a bunch on ebay cheaper but I don't know how good they are.

What are you guys mounting to your helmet or bars?

I have a GoPro and a DriftHD, they may be a bit pricy but worth the money if you ask me.

Have not had time to test the Drift much yet, but the GoPro gives very good image quality, and can really take a beating.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Define your price range.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

$0 if I had to guess.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Here's one. (quick search led to a UK-based seller but they should be available globally)
          Not too expencive but not as good quality if you ask me. There are sample videos on the site.
          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

$0 would be great. Actually I can swing the Drift or the Go Pro. The problem is I want a couple of them. That means as cheap as possible. I have been looking into key chain cameras in the 20 dollar or less range. I have one and it works quite well. They also sell a variety of wide angle lenses and some people are sticking them on the cameras.

I fly skydivers on the weekends. I was wanting a little camera I could mount on the strut to film the flight. One on my headsets to film what I'm looking at, and one to film from the front to the back of the plane to get the skydivers.

I really like the Drift. I would love to hear your comparison between it and the go pro. I might get a drift and then piece together some ebay stuff to make the other ones.

Comment

It all depends on the quality of video you want. The HD 1080P cams are more expensive because they are new. you might be able to get an older SD cam for cheap, but the quality isn't as good.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X