X

Bandit Headers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit Headers

found a decent deal on Ebay ($50), so I picked up some aftermarket Bandit 1200 Headers 4-1. It was a tight fit getting them on and I had to cut a lot out of the bottom of the belly pan, but The engine runs a lot smoother and stronger. I still have to do my valves and carbs, but I saw these and wanted to get them on before it got tuned up. My tach bounced a lot, but today after installing these headers, the tach doesn't move. I was supprised how smooth it is running now just from the headers. but anyway, I like them and they look good! The tubes are about a 1/2 inch bigger then my stock headers.

a few pics

p.s. I'll be putting my oem 750 headers up for sale soon, haven't determined a price yet tho.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

The bandit headers are pretty, aren't they?

Make sure you clean them off real good before you run it for the first time. Any grease or oil on the pipes has a chance to stain the steel on that first startup.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      The bandit headers are pretty, aren't they?

Make sure you clean them off real good before you run it for the first time. Any grease or oil on the pipes has a chance to stain the steel on that first startup.
      haha, yeah I didn't want to touch them at first, but I got it good and clean before I ran the motor. already put 100 miles on it just today and the bottom already earned its first beauty mark as I took a hard right turn.
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

$50 ??? Wow. Nice catch!
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Will these fit a 600? Im sure they will?
          2001 Suzuki Katana 600 (Stock with a pipe...For now!!!)

1990 Mustang Coupe-331 SBF with a Blowdryer on 10.5's (new at the small tire stuff...gets a little crazy)

Comment

Originally posted by kyfatcat View Post
            Will these fit a 600? Im sure they will?
            yes
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Schweet!

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Looks great.. Man you cut out hella more then I had too... Have you got on it yet??? I could have a big improvement above 7,000rpms.
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014
                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Would there be any down sides to a 1200 header on a 600?
                  Also, what else would need to be adjusted/modified?

Comment

i don't believe there is a disadvantage to the headers on a 600 either. Rok has OEM b12 headers, mine are aftermarket. I have definately felt more of a response in power than any other mod I have done. The throttle response is excellent, and when I crank on it, the front of the bike lifts up and the rear dips quite a bit. way more noticeable then before. you can tell the engine just breathes a lot better. I'm really happy with these and if I had known any better, it would have been one of the first mods I did.
                    Last edited by Mat0302; 09-25-2008, 07:53 PM.
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Yeah I got B12 Headers on my 600. It opens the top end great. But you loses some bottom. I would only suggest them if you plan on goin with cams or if you don't do much slow speed riding. You find yourself downshifting more to make up from the bottom-end lost. It would get annoying if I the type of rider who did alot of city driving and never got into it. Then there no point. But if you like to go above 7,000rpms thats when theses headers start to talk. But I have the OEM B12 header which I think would be better for a 600 becuz of the 4-2-1 setup. Verus th 4-1 like Matt0302 installed. The 4-2-1 gives better low-end which the bigger header robs.
                      Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 09-26-2008, 12:53 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

yup, ...... I do a lot of interstate riding, but with my sprockets 80mph (accurately) is 5900 rpms. As discussed in some of the gas mileage threads, my sprocket change didn't help gas mileage at all because I figured I lost higher rpm hp when fighting the drag. With these headers, I don't feel the drag that I use too. Now I'm interested to see if my gas mileage changes any for better or worse. I won't really know that for a couple weeks though. (average of a few tanks).
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                          yup, ...... I do a lot of interstate riding, but with my sprockets 80mph (accurately) is 5900 rpms.
                          Which sprocket combo are you running?

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

16t front / 43t rear
                            myspace
                            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

what year of bandit 1200 were those headers meant for? and suggestions other than that for the first few mods i should do? best air intake to use?

Comment

Working...
                              X